• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Setting up a new Pulsare 2100

Chine walking is almost an art to control.... Seat time and practice will get you throught most of the chine walk.... Ask any Alison owner! Setup does have alot to do with it as well and in most cases if the the chine walk is really bad. The motor may be too low.

The Pulsare 2100 is a very simple boat to drive at 70. Personally in my boat a 2100br I can put almost anyone behind the wheel and they will see 68-70, to get 75 you need a little (very little) sterring input. My previous CM was a Spectra 201 and most people couldn't get 60, I could drive it all day long at 70.

Can you post some pics fo the height and setup.?

Chine walking is almost an art to control.... Seat time and practice will get you throught most of the chine walk.... Ask any Alison owner! Setup does have alot to do with it as well and in most cases if the the chine walk is really bad. The motor may be too low.

The Pulsare 2100 is a very simple boat to drive at 70. Personally in my boat a 2100br I can put almost anyone behind the wheel and they will see 68-70, to get 75 you need a little (very little) sterring input. My previous CM was a Spectra 201 and most people couldn't get 60, I could drive it all day long at 70.

Can you post some pics fo the height and setup.?

ROLAND/2100 225HP

Just installed 4.5 <CMC> inches of extra set back between mtr and jack plate <CMC>. Ran the jack plate to the top , with seasoned driver boat did 77 mph with 26 trophy but hit rev limiter on 60 degree day of test. Getting larger trophy prop next. I managed to hit 71 myself. Need more seat time with the four blade.Chine walk reduced by going to 10 total set back and 4 blade prop. Still have manual jack plate. Water pressue good.
1.75 inches below the pad at the nose cone, this was my "MAX LIFT UP" with out drilling new holes.

Roland... looks like you are getting the chine walk under control and speeds up. 80+ with a new prop?

Roland... looks like you are getting the chine walk under control and speeds up. 80+ with a new prop?

The rainy weather has put an end to testing the rest of the week as you know on the east coast.Too much trash will be in the water till at least next Wednesday. Hope a four blade 27 will fit the bill. Safe boating if you venture out this weekend.

I purchased a 21 Pulsare with a 225 optimax. 25 pitch 3 blade Temptist plus.Hyd steering. 2007 model. The boat has a factory manual jack plate 6" .With the nose of the lower unit a 1.5 below the pad it runs 63 MPH, above 63 the boat chine walks terrible. It will make your butt pucker. I was thinking about additional set back of 6" between the jack and transom but dont want any porpus at low speed {pulling my kid on a knee board etc.}. Any body have any advice. Thething is a dream to drive until 60MPH. Then gets scarry. I cant picture getting full use of a 300xs on this boat as others have mentioned.
Motor too low

Back