• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Short survey about outboards

Hey Everyone, we recently had a ton of feedback on a couple articles we did about outboards and the demise of the light performance outboards in the 200 HP to 225 HP specifically. This affects many boats and many Checkmates for sure. We created a very brief, 7 question, survey to get some real information. We would really appreciate if you could fill it out, takes about 30 seconds.

https://www.wavetowave.com/outboard-engine-survey

I have a Checkmate personally and would really love to replace my old 98 200 EFI but the new 200s are too heavy, the 175 Pro XS is a bit short on power. I would love a 200 or 225 with solid mounts (or semi-solid at least) and a nice gearcase with lower water pickup. I love new technology and have no preference for 2-stroke or 4-stroke, actually think a 4S would be cool.

Sorry but not participating in your survey if I have to surrender my email address,I get enough crap sent to me as it is.

At this point I would only by Mercury as I hate owning obsolete stuff you can't get parts for.

Sorry but not participating in your survey if I have to surrender my email address,I get enough crap sent to me as it is.

At this point I would only by Mercury as I hate owning obsolete stuff you can't get parts for.

I understand about the email, we can't use it to send you anything and won't. I hate any promotional stuff too. I just switched it off so it is not collecting emails. It just prompts an email so you can only respond once. Sorry about that.

Just to clarify, we don't collect the email anymore for those concerned about that. We have some really interesting results so far, very surprising ones too. We will share as we go. Thanks to everyone who responded, really appreciate it! The response has been incredible.

If Mercury made their 150 four-stroke 3.0L engine in a 200 performance version, I would buy it in a heartbeat. It's not too heavy, certainly better than every 200 other out there.

Back