• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

smartcraft gauge

skynet

`My smartcraft gauge fuel used indicator seems to be off. Had it out last week and it read 25 gals used and I had a hard time getting 15 gallons back in to full.

Does any one have experience with these gauges? calibration?

Of coarse the old analog gauge showed 1/4 tank with 20+ gals in there.
I was really hoping to
make use of the Smartcraft gauge to accurately keep track of fuel levels.

My last fuel gauge was a 3/8" dowel with a black marker stripe for F

I was hoping to be slightly more reformed with this boat.

I replaced mine with one of these and fixed my gauge problem. Much more steady and accurate. Made by WEMA and all stainlees steel.

Attachments

• null-478.jpg
    null-478.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 20
My smart craft gage is almost spot on every time I fill it up I'm within .2 of what the fuel used showed.

Not sure I didn't have to do anything when I put them in but could be. Good luck I think you'll like them once you get them dialed in. The only thing I don't like is because the Pulsare dash points them up a little, after a while in the hot sun the LED panel overheats and is hard as hell to read, you have to put a towel over them for a minute till they cool down and are easy to read again.

Not sure I didn't have to do anything when I put them in but could be. Good luck I think you'll like them once you get them dialed in. The only thing I don't like is because the Pulsare dash points them up a little, after a while in the hot sun the LED panel overheats and is hard as hell to read, you have to put a towel over them for a minute till they cool down and are easy to read again.

Do you have trim level indication? I need to figure out how to calibrate mine fully... Pretty sure my fuel usage is real freekin close too.

No I still need to get the part for the motor to make the the trim level indicator on the gage to work. Not high on the priority list right now but maybe this winter.

SmartCraft Needs to be Calibrated

There is a calibration procedure detailed in the SC manual.

As an overview, you start with an empty tank and add fuel in 1/4 tank increments. The SC1000 Tach operates in Calibration Mode and the buttons (-, Mode, +) are used to save the information into the SC system at the various calibration points. If you have an irregularly (tapered) shaped fuel tank, this is the only way to calibrate the fuel gauge.

If your fuel tank is rectangular, you can remove the fuel sender from the tank, mark the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 full positions on it and move the float to the appropriate position during the calibration procedure. This frees you from having to empty the tank and add the exact amount of fuel at each stage.

If you need a copy of the procedure, PM me and I will scan and send.

Hi Derek, hope everything else has been going well with the boat. I've been lurking waiting to see speed postings or if you or your buddy have ever gotten it through the chine walk. That fuel tank never did seem to take the right amount shown on the smartcraft gauge, and it always gurgled over no matter how slow I put it in. I was always meaning to look at the vent hose and see if there was a problem there. Also I would try to completely suck all the fuel out in the fall and then in the spring only get 25 gallons back in and the plate on the tank says 38 gallons. If you ever figure it out let me know.

mark

Hey Mark. My wife and me and anyone else who gets in the boat absolutely love it. I put a mp3 player and a sub-woofer in it and the tunes sound awesome.

I haven't had allot of solo wheel time ( just good cruising speeds) so I don't have any big numbers for you yet. 65 mph so far and as you know there's a ton of power left in that 250 at that point.

It's going to be a work in progress as I plan on having it a while. I might try some different props. It's still quicker then 90% of the boats on my lake. I like that.

I going to check out the vent issue and work on the smartcraft gauge.

Minor stuff. Love the boat.

Wow, I just somehow reset my whole smartcraft system. Now everything says no data or is filled with ????. Anyone know where I can find information on calibrating the whole system. Even my trim guage is not reading. I never got an owners manual with the boat. I tried google and still can't figure it out. It has livorsi gauges.

Back