• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Software Updates & Blog Feature Added

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Gang,

As you can see we're back up and running again. :)

Thank you to all the members who popped in and visited us at Endless Boating while we were updating. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will pop back in some more. :)

I apologize for the down time here, but this particular update was quite a bit of work as we were a number of board versions out of date. Updates for us are a bit more complicated and involved, mainly due to the fact we've customized the board quite a bit, which means that when we update the software, most of our custom stuff has to be reapplied. :yell:

A couple of things to take note of in this new version.

If you use the Red and/or Grey templates, the templates themselves have been updated, but unfortunately some of the images don't and probably will never really look perfect due to the fact we cannot have multiple custom sets of some images to match each colour. The main default template is the white set up, so it is the one that the board is mainly set up to look best with. But since a number of you have indicated you like the other colours setups, I've done my best to keep them going.

One the benefits of the update was that it corrected some bugs that were in the old software versions. As an example, a few of you mentioned that sometimes the main board page would sometimes hang and not fully load. For those of you who were affected by that bug, especially non Internet Explorer users, you'll be happy to know that that little bug is supposed to be corrected in this new version.

I'm also happy to announce that while we were down, we used the opportunity to add a new feature to the board, member blogs.

Effective immediately, all registered members now have a personal blog area which is linked to their profile and membership. The blogging feature allows members to create personal articles, tell members about themselves as well as keep everyone up to date on they're up to. I think it's a pretty neat feature and I hope you will too. The blogging feature itself is brand new product which has just come out of development, so you can expect it to be developed more extensively as we go forward.

You can access the blogging area by clicking the "blogs" link which is located on the navigation bar.

I hope everyone will give the new blogging feature a try! :) I look forward to reading what y'all come up with. :)

-Chris

Just a heads up for everyone.

As part of our software upgrade, our coloured themes had to be deleted and recreated. Therefore the old ones have been deleted and recreated under similar but different names. Therefore if you've got an old cookie on your hard drive you may have some problems with the board loading if it is looking the one of the old desktop themes. If you find the board is slow in loading or not loading sometimes, you may want to try erasing your cookies as an old board cookie can cause problems. Please keep in mind that if you erase your cookies, you may lose your auto login info from this site and others if you choose to erase all your cookies.

Also, for now, to keep things simple, I've temporarily removed the red and grey coloured templates and "forced" the white as the only option. Hopefully this will also help with the cookie issue.

Once things get sorted, I'll make the coloured themes optional choices again.

-Chris

Back