• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thinking of Selling - Anyone interested in a Persuader?

safetynut

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]166 hours total time all original factory equipped freshwater powerboat, Very Fast! 78mph 7.4L 454 EFI, captain call switchable thru hull exhaust, depth finder, new cd/stereo, speakers, 200w/amp, full trailering/mooring cover, drive shower, matching C-Hawk trailer w/new tires/brakes, meticulous maintenance records, annual service, extremely clean boat. Email: Safetynut@yahoo.com for additional pictures, details, and features or call 757-784-5855.. Located in Yorktown Virginia.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Length:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]23' [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Year:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]2000 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Location:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Virginia [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Contact Number:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]7577845855 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Asking:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]$28,450[/FONT]

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/2000check/02052007018_edited.jpg

th_02052007006_edited.jpg

But you seemed in love with that boat...

Are you going to get another Checkmate?

Looks like a great boat, good luck with the sale.

I tried a Persuader 234 before buying my ZT 230 and if your 235 had been for sale, I would have probably jumped on it!!!

In my opinion, the Persuader is probably one of the best handling boats Checkmate has ever made! It is even better than my ZT 230.

With the 454... you've got perfection!

I am sure you will sell quickly!

Good luck!

In my opinion, the Persuader is probably one of the best handling boats Checkmate has ever made! It is even better than my ZT 230.

With the 454... you've got perfection!

I am sure you will sell quickly!

Good luck![/QUOTE]

x2 :thumb:

On the fence...

Thanks for the kind words, the fact of the matter is... I'm on the fence about selling it. The boat is perfect and I love driving it. The Checkmate community is awesome.

I just thought when I bought it my two kids would be more "in-to-it" and they aren't. I thought the boat would be a catalyst for family time but I seem to be the only one really jazzed about the boat. The wife worries about fueling and maintenance, the kids are busy with sports and school, and that leaves me taking the boat out to meet friends without the family. Might sound like fun for many - but I wanted something we all would really get excited about. In a few years I'll be so deep in debt with paying college tuition I won't be able to see straight.

I'm leaning towards selling, but only if I can get a fair price for it. :confused:

Would be a shame for you to sell it if they decide they want to get out on the boat more later on. When you have a good boat the worst thing you can do is get rid of it. You never know how long it could take you to replace it with one that is at least as good for a similar price.

When I was younger my friends didn't care much about going out on boats but as we all got older they started wanting to come out with me more for one reason or another.

During breaks from school then later between semesters/sessions of college they would definitely appreciate a day out much more than when they have so many other things to occupy their time.

Yep..

It was 13 years between boats for me. I had a 21ft Larson with a 200 Evinrude when we got married. Finally blew the engine on the Nottoway River. Fixed it, sold it, regretted it...

Bought the Checkmate in Sept. 07. Have enjoyed it, wish the family was more in-to-it... Sitting on the fence about the whole thing trying to decide what to do...

I guess I'm just waiting to see if over the Winter/Spring someone comes along who wants it worse than me...

If not, I'll keep her and keep trying to get the family more involved... i.e. waterfront restaurants, outings, boating events, poker runs, whatever...

I guess I'm just waiting to see if over the Winter/Spring someone comes along who wants it worse than me

I don't think too many people buy in the winter up North, you could just throw your 'mate on the market in January for NADA and pretend you are trying to sell it just so the wife thinks you made an effort:cheers.

not bad...

I'm not being pressured to sell. I just want to find something for the whole family to get excited about and thought the Checkmate was it.

Maybe we'll try something else. I am a pilot and I've thought about buying an airplane or perhaps a hotrod.

We'll see. Thanks for all the input. Pass the word around if you know anyone looking for a nice, well maintained, low hour Checkmate.

Well, your asking price is more than fair so you won't have any trouble finding a buyer. Good luck in your search!

I'm not being pressured to sell. I just want to find something for the whole family to get excited about and thought the Checkmate was it.

Maybe we'll try something else. I am a pilot and I've thought about buying an airplane or perhaps a hotrod.

We'll see. Thanks for all the input. Pass the word around if you know anyone looking for a nice, well maintained, low hour Checkmate.

Good luck with the sale. FWIW, if you are looking for a hot rod to buy, i have a nice one... http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/852066320.html
If you need a great airplane, my good friend is selling a well maintained Cesna 183. PM me for contact info.

You know I have the same deal with my family, and if I do get the kids to go they want to take all their friends. But thats not why I wrote. I had a guy call yesterday looking for this boat. I don't have anything so I will give you his e-mail. Maybe if you want to down size you will give me a call. Please e-mail me at rmarine@pressenter.com and I will send it to you.
Bob

I feel for you

I had an older 253 Convincor. My oldest son was into it with me. Wife and youngest
son were not. My oldest son is off to college so I sold it. Now I miss it! Yours sounds
very good. Right now I have a '99 21ft. Mariah Shabah BR in the garage. It does 57 mph.
Excellent condition! In the Spring I might feel the need for more speed.
AJ

Thanks all

Yeah, my wife seems to be making more of an effort these days with the boat. I think it's a little out of guilt since I told her I might sell since they aren't in to it.

I played hooky last Thursday and took her out for the day on the boat while the kids were in school. Perfect day and truly the last summer day here in Virginia. Temps hit 88 degrees in Williamsburg, light breeze, glassy conditions all the way up the James River to the Chickahominy River and had lunch at a riverfront restaurant overlooking the river.

Perfect day, great conditions, even opened it up for awhile and she didn't freak out at 79 mph. Still considering selling it if I can get a good price. I'd have to get mid 20's to be able to sleep at night. If not, I'll keep it and learn to leave 'em at home while dad goes boating, I guess.:thumb:

Back