• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Toast's 78 V-Mate II

Toast1.jpg

[This message was edited by Chris on March 28, 2003 at 10:04 AM.]

Toast, you cannout upload images from your home computer. It has to already be on a site. You e-mailed them to me, not Chris. My outgoing mail server is messed so I can't send them over to him. Why don't you send them to him. He can tell you the e-mail. They were upside down too:p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chevy Corvette Z06
Z06
Chris E.
Checkmate Fanatic
Chris.Ellard9@sympatico.ca
2003CorvetteZ06@addr.com

Thanks Z06,

I emailed them to Chris, and made them right side up! Hey Sid, what sort of set up you running on your V-Mate ? Speed, prop, motor, jackplate/ rpms ? I have'nt had mine long so im still searching for a good setup!

I'll give the specs on it.
17 foot V-Mate II
78 Merc 150 2.0
turning a 24 pitch LaserII @ 5600 rpm
currently runs 57 gps
currently does not have a jackplate(it has been ordered though)

I bought the boat a month ago for $3500.
The transom and hull are in great shape, I will be replacing some carpeting after the summer.

Anything I should know about for the first run W/jackplate? Never ran one before, it is manual and I did put a water pressure gauge in.

It just saves Chris time because he would have to do all the work before he posts them. I accidentaly did that with my Avalanche pics, they were all on one page when I scanned them up, so he had to separate them all to make it better. Harding working he is. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chevy Corvette Z06
Z06
Chris E.
Checkmate Fanatic
Chris.Ellard9@sympatico.ca
2003CorvetteZ06@addr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toast:
Thanks Z06,

I emailed them to Chris, and made them right side up! Hey Sid, what sort of set up you running on your V-Mate ? Speed, prop, motor, jackplate/ rpms ? I have'nt had mine long so im still searching for a good setup!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I get the shrink wrap off I'll get some pictures. The V Mate II is rated for 150hp. I have a 1988 150 Evinrude. I run several props. Most of the time a 19 pitch to get the hole shot for sking. Thats what we do the most of. I changed it to a 24 raker at the end of last season. I got a whole lot more speed but it struggled to get my not-so-svelt body out of the water. The guy I bought it from said he got 63mph with a 26 pitch. I don't trust my speedo so it would not be proper to report what I have gotten.

Sid

I'd rather be rich than stupid.

icon_biggrin.gif
cool looking boat toast. looks real close to the same type of set up my 77 trimate has.these smaller boats are a blast to drive. where do you run youres
icon_wink.gif

bdusted-

I run on lake just northwest of Atlanta. I been out 6 or 7 times this year. I'm keeping it dry stored at a marina 5 minutes from my house. It is real nice to just call, and 15 minutes later your boat is sitting at the dock in the water.

Do you have a jackplate on your trimate? I have ordered one will probaly have it on in acouple weeks.

I have a manual jack plate on it now but i am putting a hydrolic hyjacker with a 6" set back on it with the new motor.It will take a while to get everything together for rigging the new motor but it should be a blast when its done. I'm hoping to get 70mph out of it.
icon_biggrin.gif

the jack plate is on it!! 6 inches of set back . I'm hoping too hit 60, we'll see! Any suggestions on where I should start the height? The shop that put the plate on said I would be OK all the way up, I will surely keep an eye on my water PSI.

thumb.gif
cool glad to here you got it put on.I'd start where the prop tips are flush with the bottom of the boat and then go up and down a quarter of an inch at a time until you find you're sweet spot.But alway's keep an eye on the psi gauge. It's critical!!! Don't run it so high you have no water pressure or kaboom there goes you're motor.Have fun trying it out.We just got 3" of snow so I won't be out for a while.
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back