• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Trailer size

JAMESPERRY

I'm looking for a trailer for my 80 entertainer. The trailer that its on now is not worth saving. Rusted through. I'm on a budget and I seem to be finding more 19 ft boat trailer than bigger ones. The one its on now is 21 ft from the hitch to the lights. I've found one that's 20 ft. My question is how far can the bunk boards stick off the back of trailer? My boat is 21ft . The guy doesn't know what size the axle is but it is a square tube.

Particularly on an outboard boat, none at all! The majority of the weight of the boat is right at the transom, you want the end of the boards supported by a crossbeam on the trailer, not hanging out in free air.

Its a inboard v8. At the lake today I was looking at trailers at the dock ramp and some had brackets that were attached to the back cross beam that supported the board for at least a foot each direction so I think that would work.

Back