• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Was a Checkmate V-Mate a Rip Off of This?

Ahh, then there's no telling what it is. It could be a Checkmate, but the windshield doesn't look like anything on a V-Mate unless it's a modified stock one.

So if there were no HID numbers back then, and you had a title for a 15' 1971 POS, and you had a stolen 1978 Checkmate 15' you could sand the HID # off the Checkmate and claim it was just a POS. Right? That's scary.

Actually, I think it is a clone of the old Checkmate MX-16, not the V-Mate.

1972-7.jpg

I doubt if they bought any molds from anyone. More than likely they just made a new mold off of a boat.

Darn it, I spelled windshield wrong, must be something wrong with my keyboard.

Yea, that contour on the deck is what I was looking at. The MX does have a split windshield also like the one in the ad.

I'm new...

That's awesome! I finally know where my boat came from! I have a mint 1984 Panther Vmate II with a 200 Merc!

My Panther has the higher mx style taylor made windshield. I used to run performance boats with little or no windshield. This windshield works very well. It's nice not to get pelted with bugs!!

what lake are you on?

Where are you located in Fenelon Falls Walkwithmax? I have a friend on Cameron lake up there and I sometimes run there. my father is right on Lake Simcoe in Beaverton ( thats where I store my boat) . I also have another buddy down by Quinns on lake Simcoe who has a 1982 17' panther with a Merc 200 on it aswell.

Back