• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What's a 1994 tandem C-Hawk trailer worth?

bbaranczyk11

Hello guys,

I have a friend that had his checkmate Pulsare totaled. My checkmate didn't come with a C Hawk trailer and instead came with a single axle galvanized steal trailer. His trailer is the color of my boat and a tandem. It's a 1994, has surge brakes and was repainted about 6 years ago. He bought the boat back from the insurance company and has a potential buyer. He's willing to trade trailers with me and cash. What do you think his trailer is worth and what do you think a fair price would be? He gave me a number of $1500 and a swap. Seems way too high. He says his trailer is worth 2k which also seems high. Thoughts?

I'd guess $500.00-$1000.00 with a trade. However if his buyer will pay the same regardless of trailer I think a case of beer is a fair asking price.

That galvanized trailer might be better than the painted, especially if it's newer. That '94 trailer is now 23 years old and has been repainted 6 years ago.

SCT warned me about a little known problem with some of the older C-Hawk trailers: Look at the axles. Are the drain holes top/bottom? Or are the axles' drains mis-installed front/back? Be wary of rotted axles from miss-installed drain orientation. My 1995 tandem Pulsare trailer axle drains were miss-installed front/back. Water gets in the axles and has no way to get out.

Back