• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

who's on Keuka lake

themudshark

coming out to Keuka lake this thursday and friday, anyone around,what are the good places to hang, and what marinas have 91 octane? thanks.

Cool, i'm on Keuka!! I won't be back up till Friday afternoon tho, how long are you staying? Several good bars/restaurants right on the water, The Switz, The Waterfront, and Lakeside to name a few, and you can dock down to Hamondsport and walk thru town. The Olney Place has 91 non ethanol gas at their gas dock and it's less than a 1/4 mile from my family's cottage on the east side of the lake (Penn Yan branch). Also, Morgan Marine up at the very end of the lake in Penn Yan has 91 as well. There are other gas stations on the lake too, i'm sure they all have 91 non ethanol but those 2 particular spots i know for sure. Be cool to get together, but i won't be there till around 3:00 at the earliest on Friday. Either way, enjoy your time on Keuka!!

still might out call or text my cell:cheers: 315.525.3779 plus if i'm still there you will here me, to the earlier reply yes it does fly:thumb::D

Cool, yeah even 3:00 is pushing it for me, and by the time I get around I probably won't get out on the water till around 6:00 or so. But, if you are still around in the mid afternoon you could swing by the dock and say hello, cottage is not hard to find. My boat is in a shore station rail lift, sits up in close to our neighbors, but the lift roof says Checkmate on the front! Looks like the weather should be good for you and the lake won't be very busy (Saturday's are nuts), you'll have a good time!

Jason :cheers:

Checkmate fever is your camp towards Penn yann or Hammondsport from olneys. Can'tsseem to find it. Will stop by later. Launched at the state park today.

Is your camp towards Penn yan or hHammondsport from olneys

Fever is just north of Olneys. I am down here near the end of the Bluff, West side stop by we can go out and play.

The gas at Harbour Lights and Jakes is 91 Octain E-Free. I will try to text you in a minute or two.

Is your camp towards Penn yan or hHammondsport from olneys

Cottage is just south of Olney's about a 1/4 mile. Olneys is on the east branch of the lake which is the Penn Yan side. Olney's has a big orange Gulf sign at their gas dock. I'm not at the cottage yet, I'll be up later this afternoon! The Bluff is just the end of the peninsula basically, where the lake splits at the "Y".

Jason

jason nice meeting you today hopefully next time we can spend some time on the water. thanks again for the info on the lake:thumb: fyi after I got fuel at olneys half way back to the launch my boat started acting up again, they might wanna check that fuel.

Great to meet you too!! I'm a car motor guy but I have to admit that lil' ole Johnson V8 sounds wicked!! Yeah, I've heard that about the gas at a couple places on the lake, i've never had trouble with Olneys but it's possible for sure! Anyway, glad you had a couple nice days, it's pouring cars and dogs on the lake today lol. I'm here every weekend just about, if you get down this way again let me know!!

Jason :cheers:

jason nice meeting you today hopefully next time we can spend some time on the water. thanks again for the info on the lake:thumb: fyi after I got fuel at olneys half way back to the launch my boat started acting up again, they might wanna check that fuel.

It was nice to meet you guys. Please come back and we can play around some more when your fuel issue is straightened out. That big ol Johnson sounds awe sum on that boat. What are you running for a prop?

good to meet you too Mike. I was running a Raker 14.5 x 24 with 1" cup. my other prop that I run is a Ballistic 26 pitch. with the Ballistic I've run 81.5 at sea level down on the Hudson. working on the boat all day trying to figure out fuel problem, took pump apart to clean and found some fibers blocking the intake screen, checked fuel pick up and was clean,also found alot of play in the tilt tube. New tube and bushings on order. by the way we were running 72 on gps:thumb: down the lake with you.

good to meet you too Mike. I was running a Raker 14.5 x 24 with 1" cup. my other prop that I run is a Ballistic 26 pitch. with the Ballistic I've run 81.5 at sea level down on the Hudson. working on the boat all day trying to figure out fuel problem, took pump apart to clean and found some fibers blocking the intake screen, checked fuel pick up and was clean,also found alot of play in the tilt tube. New tube and bushings on order. by the way we were running 72 on gps:thumb: down the lake with you.

Well good luck with the repair. My opinion You need more bow lift. Bring her back and we will play.

Back