• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Wind Flaps for Race Fairing

steveh

Have a '95 283 Convincor with a race fairing.
Have been trying to find removable/or fold
down wind flaps (something like Wind Away brand
...theirs won't work because fairing is too
wide for the clamps).
Boat is white w/blue & yellow graphics and the
fairing is yellow. I'm assuming this will be
a custom application. Any suggestions???
Thanks.

Have a '95 283 Convincor with a race fairing.
Have been trying to find removable/or fold
down wind flaps (something like Wind Away brand
...theirs won't work because fairing is too
wide for the clamps).
Boat is white w/blue & yellow graphics and the
fairing is yellow. I'm assuming this will be
a custom application. Any suggestions???
Thanks.

I've looked at the Wind Away for my Pulsare but don't like the $60 ea. pricing. Anyone know of a less expensive alternative?

1995 Pulsare 2100BR/1995 Mercury Promax 225 2.5 EFI/ 1.87:1 Torquemaster/ RapidJack Heavy-Duty manual 10.5" setback/ 23" Tempest worked for ski duty

JW,
I picked up a pair of the wind aways for Steph and me, WELL worth the money on cool or "buggy" days!!!

2003 ZT 240 6.2litre/Bravo 320 H.P. 25P Mirage Plus

Where did you get them Bill? I'm looking to spend less than $60 a piece straight from the factory.........

1995 Pulsare 2100BR/1995 Mercury Promax 225 2.5 EFI/ 1.87:1 Torquemaster/ RapidJack Heavy-Duty manual 10.5" setback/ 23" Tempest worked for ski duty

JW,

I ordered them from Wind-Away's web site. The price was steep, but again worth every penny. I wish I had them with me in GB for all the bugs when we were close to land. I took more bugs on the windshied from the poker Run then the 5 hour trip up there. We all know how much our heads stick above the windshiels, thank god for good sunglasses!

2003 ZT 240 6.2litre/Bravo 320 H.P. 25P Mirage Plus

Thanks Fastskipper! Plus $8 shipping and handling....Wonder why they're $20 off?

Back