• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Z06s Buddy's Pulsare...

Z06

I have made a gree Geocities pic where you can see his Pulsare pics. I can basically put as many as I want, and I'll add a few more every day...
Z06's Pulsare Pics..

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

I have made a gree Geocities pic where you can see his Pulsare pics. I can basically put as many as I want, and I'll add a few more every day...
Z06's Pulsare Pics..

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

I'm not to sure. I didn't help him in any wway with the set-up. Whatever he did, I am sure it helped...

Quite a few owners of outboard boats that use setback jack plates add some sort of extra support to take some of the stress off the transom and distribute it to the hull further forward. Typically referred to as 'Transom Tie Bars'. Most outboard boats have lipped splashwells, and setback usually causes some pretty good sized stress cracks in the corners of said lip. Transom tie bars can help reduce or stop this. In the case of the Pulsare hull, they were not needed. The Pulsare transom is built far stronger than most boat hulls, with the added benefit of not having a lip on the transom to stress crack. His tie-bar setup wouldn't hurt, it just wasn't needed.

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

My checkmate had them on it with the old transom. Went through the transom and forward to just behind the seatback. It was maybe the only thing holding the transom on. Scarry huh. The new transom will not need the extra support.

rooster_3.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+

[This message was edited by 175checkmate on February 14, 2003 at 08:53 AM.]

With all the use he used on the boat, it was just to be safe. Sometimes it got a little weird/rough on the water. I recall last year when his 'Stream was completly out of the water with 5-6 people in the boat, all you could see was the bottom of the prop skimming the water... It had cracks right behind the rear seats, near the splashwell...

I have added a few more pictures... There are 2 pages of them. I will continue to upload and post some more each day... Only if I could post a video on Geocities, I'm not to sure... I'm going to look it up... Thanks for looking...

[This message was edited by Chevy Corvette Z06 on February 14, 2003 at 01:58 PM.]

He ran a consisten 77.6 MPH with the '99 OptiMax. I think he had a Chopper... 28 maybe, I'm not too sure...

Excuse the mistake, it was a 27" Tempest...

Back