• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1/1/10, anyone boating?

yellowfiero88

I am planing on going out on jan 1! Got to welcome in the new year and bless the season for good boating weather. Prob going to the serpentine wall to put in right on the Ohio. The playmate will be the ride of the day then I have someone picking up the motor off of it the next week so that will start the motor swap project.

Anyone else going to welcome in the new season? BTW weather channel says high of 33* and cloudy, better than the snow they were saying as of yesterday, sounds like perfect weather to me:surf:

I am planing on going out on jan 1! Got to welcome in the new year and bless the season for good boating weather. Prob going to the serpentine wall to put in right on the Ohio. The playmate will be the ride of the day then I have someone picking up the motor off of it the next week so that will start the motor swap project.

Anyone else going to welcome in the new season? BTW weather channel says high of 33* and cloudy, better than the snow they were saying as of yesterday, sounds like perfect weather to me:surf:

1/1/10 boating in Ohio...man you are crazy!! Wish i could go out for a ride, but that ain't happenin here in NY state anytime soon :brickwall: . Have fun and dress warm!! :surf:

I don't think your crazy, just a boating enthusiast, when I was younger we would be the first one's water skiing on the river in Saskatoon and who ever was driving would have to watch for floating ice, one time I also took my brand new Polaris 800 RMK through a 4 foot high canola field in august just so I could try it out, probably not the smartest thing to do but it was fun so who care's, this whole thing that's going on with my dad right now has made me think you got to live life to the fullest every day you can, sorry for going off topic a bit here but just thought I'd share my thoughts, if you have the chance to get out go for it :bigthumb:

Last edited:
LOL! I am kinda hoping it does snow just a little bit, it will make the pics just that much better!

John I know what your saying, the entire back thing has me thinking the same. for the past year, I have not been able to feel my right foot and had major numbness down my legs. Now that I can feel and move the toes I am getting stir crazy. You never know what is going to happen tomorrow so live like its your last day every day.

cmfever, I hate cold so I have already got the warm stuff out of the closet. Full ski mask, super coveralls, gloves, goggles, and boots. I am getting more excited every day!

Ross, come on! You got an outboard, it will take 20 minutes to re-winterize it at the most.:surf: You aint fraid of a lil cold are you:poke:;)

Please take some pic's -- I tell non boaters that people really do this and they think I am crazy!!! Pease get me off the hook:) I know there are guys on Long Island that go deep into the fall and even in the winter but for me -- Respectfully -- you are all crazy!!;) I am sure if those boats could talk they would say the same :cheers:

I am just waiting for them damn southerners to chime in about their 80* boating weather on 1/1:brickwall: LOL ;)

Hay, you all, Maryland got 2 foot of snow last week, although it's a bit warmer now and most of it has melted. We have been getting rain instead of snow this week, but I'm still gonna wait till March or April before I head back out.

Have fun 1/1/10. Don't freeze and be sure to post some pics of your adventure. Please no speedos. lol :bigthumb:

Bob (Jet)

Maybe you can get Red to go with you. He is further south than I am!!

BBrrrrrrr and have a cold one to boot!! :cheers: lol

The playmate will be the ride of the day then I have someone picking up the motor off of it the next week so that will start the motor swap project.
:surf:

If you are selling the engine I would not take it out for a last run. That is bad luck. Over half the time something will go wrong especially when a sale is involved

Back