• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Even More CL Finds!

Price seems pretty high. Plus for being in showroom condition you would have thought that the bilge would be cleaned.

Way over priced. And way under powered. I don't know what Checkmate put in their Playmates, but after riding in my son's Donzi with the 120 MercJet, I wouldn't consider anything less than a MercJet 175hp.

Lots of Sugar Sands out there with 175+ jets that are under that price.

JMHO....

Somewhat unique though, on the Playmate. Starboard cockpit (most I've seen are port side), Interesting stern with no designs under steps or extensions around jet drive, and the stern curves out some. Tri colors on the interior (instead of just 1 color). Original trailer and cover, from the looks of it. All 4 gauges present and also sound deadening material on underside of engine hatch. Might not be the right steering wheel and the strap on the passenger side is usually white, wheel should be too. Even looks like the original blower and bilge pump, ignition switch and even warning message red plastic tag on safety lanyard. Did you notice the hour meter? Day um. Darn near dropped my drinkin glass when I got a good look at the price, considering the 120 4 cyl. Dirty bilge tells a little bit of a story, foam torn off of seat back too. 40 to 45 with one person. Mid 30's with two and a tow rope. Now drop in a solid 250 horse 2.5 and let the fun begin. No transom tie downs present (Frown).

Somewhat unique though, on the Playmate. Starboard cockpit (most I've seen are port side).
My son's Donzi had a starboard cockpit. And the 120 hp SportJet. It was fun, but needed the ride plate gasket replaced when he sold it.

What's going to make this hard to sell, is the fact it is a closed bow boat. Most are bowriders. Could be a fun boat though, for two adults, or three small humans.

I'd rather put the money/work into this: https://holland.craigslist.org/boa/d/1987-checkmate-playmate-gt/6269344096.html

For the pricing difference, you'd have a really nice small Checkmate.

The little boat is definitely cool but the Playmate jet is alot bigger than it looks, about seven feet at the beam. You can easily get three people in there. You can get two under the bow in sleeping bags for an overnighter. Isn't going to happen with the older Playmate. A lot of storage space on the 95 also. It'll also float in 16 inches of water and run in about 4.

See, I was thinkin about ya. They'll take less, they'll have to. You can use it right away while procuring an xr2 2.5. The 175 bolts right in there in the existing tunnel. She'll run mid 50's without breathing hard.

Now I think I've seen it all. Nice how he's calling the swim platform a Gill Bracket.
00r0r_kEwjA9rt7V3_600x450.jpg

Back