• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Designs from Checkmate for your Consideration.

cooperider

I have a few renderings of some possible new gel designs for a 2400 BRX from the new owners of Checkmate. I am posting these here with their blessing for them to get some feedback.
I am sure they have many more idea's in the works and this is only the start, but from what I can tell they are interested in the Checkmate Fans input.
Give'em time, they just got the first mold.

Anyway, here is the first one. I'll have to say, I dig the green, and the silver needs to be silver flake.

I just realized that's a 400 on the back. :thumb:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2400brxgreen.jpg
    2400brxgreen.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 247
Of the 4, I personally like the first one with Green and Silver. Being old school I totally agree that Silver Flake would complement it well.:thumb:

All look great! The black and green is tied with the red and black for me. Would be nice to have a bow rider with a removable fiberglass color matched bow cover and closed deck models.

I like the graphic pattern of the Black and Green one. But I'd like to see it as Black and Red metal flake with the Grey as Silver metal flake.:thumb: Or could also change the Green to Blue metal flake.:D

One thing they should consider doing, is to re-design the splashwell area and design in a sunpad, and also update the dash so a full digital dash can be added. Color ideas look good, but internal updates will bring more value and interest.

i voted for the red white and black, with the black in flake. plus you can order decals, lazer engraved tumblers and ball caps off their sight as well.

As a now 'local' to the factory, I can tell you the Purple and Gold colors are for the nearby major university - East Carolina University. People around here are crazy for those colors, and many of the locals with enough money to be purchasing Checkmates have attended it.

I like the third pattern scheme a lot better (the red or the blue) than the first. In the first scheme the checkerboard pattern in back with the plain front doesn't seem that complementary to the boat design. Of the two with the checkerboards in the back, I like the red and blue ones better than the green one, too much silver up front in that one with nothing breaking it up like in the red, blue, or purple/gold version.

I'm just thrilled that Checkmate has new owners!

Being a traditional person, I am drawn to less bold combinations. I was never a huge fan of the flames and tend to feel overwhelmed/disappointed when too much of a 'unique' color is used. For instance purple/orange/yellow...all beautiful colors when used as an accent but when one of those is the main color, I tend to be less fond of the outcome. Wildman always did it right with the color choices on all of his Checkmates. I never disliked any of his combos.

YES! To some metal flake! Remembering my first Sportfire with green metal flake over a black base. Both my Pulsares have no metal flake but if they did!

I like all the new designs. Can't wait to see a new Pulsare with a 300 Pro XS 4 Stroke mounted on it!!

Coop
Do you remember this 24LD that was at the 2008 Pittsburgh boat show?
It is for sale for 39k. I think it was a Mitcher T job. Maybe you have a proper pic somewhere. Love to see a good pic. This is low rez. My favorite graphic ever. If Checkmate could do more radical modern designs it might attract more attention to the brand.

main.jpg

Coop
Do you remember this 24LD that was at the 2008 Pittsburgh boat show?
It is for sale for 39k. I think it was a Mitcher T job. Maybe you have a proper pic somewhere. Love to see a good pic. This is low rez. My favorite graphic ever. If Checkmate could do more radical modern designs it might attract more attention to the brand.
I think it was Kustom Kolors that did that boat and another Checkmate back then.

Here not sure how good this pic is. I delivered that boat to the dealer, it was one of my favorites.

attachment.php

Attachments

• img_jtf3TtcqJ5_r.jpg
    img_jtf3TtcqJ5_r.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 175
Back