• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Stern Ladder....

EDOS

Who makes them for Checkmate?
(I have taken on an 88, 17' Spectra bow rider with an ob Merc - black max 150. Lots to do from engine to floor, ....hope not stringers)

On the port side stern, there is a ladder mounted at 4 point with one step. The extension is missing and the 1" poles at the bottom end measures about 12" apart. The stern itself seems to have been molded for the ladder with bump out mounting area.
A loop handle then down to a step, then another 10" to the end of the poles facing down. That's were the extension part would go.
I'm having quite a time trying to locate any kind of extension for it. Measurements just don't line up. Anything close could be bent to fit but if it has a slide out extension step, it then gets tight.
Without the extension part, I think it's too high out of the water for use. It really needs another step at least.
Anyone know where I might find one or a way to adapt one?

I would try to find a common era CM that someone is parting out. Or find a local machine shop to make you one. I had a shop make a few parts over the years and the cost was actually reasonable.
Good luck-

Sorry for such a delay. Here is 2 pictures with measurements marked up on it.
Does this look like yours from the Eluder?

Attachments

• 88 Spectra Checkmate ladder.jpg
    88 Spectra Checkmate ladder.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10
Sorry for such a delay. Here is 2 pictures with measurements marked up on it.
Does this look like yours from the Eluder?
Darn, mine is different. The top mounts to the top of the boat, not on the transom. Thank you though!

I'll get out tomorrow and measure it, but I can tell you the top half of the ladder is totally different - it mounts to the deck horizontally, not the transom vertically.

Turns out I have 2 extra ladders (One from my scrapped Eluder, the other I tried to put on my Predictor but it didn't fit right.) Anyway, the bottoms are 12" outside to outside, 7/8" tubing, 10.25" inside to inside.)

Turns out I have 2 extra ladders (One from my scrapped Eluder, the other I tried to put on my Predictor but it didn't fit right.) Anyway, the bottoms are 12" outside to outside, 7/8" tubing, 10.25" inside to inside.)
Wow, sounds so close to the mark. Any chance of a picture?
It's the bottom part that I need.

Sure, let me load them up sometime tonight. I took more measurements, on the mounting flange for the bottom section: 11" from the outside of one flange to the inside of the other (how the lower mounts.)

So one ladder is in better condition than the other. I'd say one is a parts ladder, the other is good to go. I'd prefer to send the good ladder to the guy who needs it for his Eluder. The bottom step on the parts ladder is cracked, but the top (overall) step is in good condition, so you should be able to move it down (I can take it loose and include it in the box with just the lower section which will make it cheaper to ship.)

So the prices - $25 for the parts ladder (either way you want it, lower and step only or the whole thing,) $50 for the good ladder, plus shipping.

OMG! Thats the only picture Ive seen that shows that type of connector.
I'm sure thats it!
This would be awesome for me!
Just let me know how to send you funds. Paypal perhaps?

Back