• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jupiter Hot boat Gatherings

JUPITER PULSARE

Well, after months of talking about it but nothing really happening, the Jupiter Hot Boat Gatherings are finally making progress. There's been alot of conversation between south Florida hot boaters on Scream & Fly and last week SFL Stream, Action Rich, and myself got together at the sandbar late in the afternoon. We had some great 70+ mph hour blasts through the river....it was great fun with all three of us running together. I had a hard time keeping up with those guys. The brand new Hydrostream Venom/200 hp ran into the 80's and the old Action was triple digits!!!! I was a slug at 72!!!! Today there will be a bunch of guys out there...SFL Stream (new Hydrostream Venom), Action Rich (old 18' Action), Pat Gent (21' Eliminator/johnnyrude V8), Mat Gent(family CC-Hydrostream Vandal under construction), Pirate Joe (Hydrostream Vipor), MRCRSR (18 Virage), Instigator in a CC (STV under construction), and I'll be out late in the afternoon to go to dinner by boat! I've also got a another Checkmate Starflite guy in Lake Worth that will be attending.

Got any pics Jup?

I'd love to see some!

Load 'em up in the gallery and we'll paste them into this thread.

That is assuming there are any. :)

Got any pics Jup?

I'd love to see some!

Load 'em up in the gallery and we'll paste them into this thread.

That is assuming there are any. :)[/quote

We'll be working on another gathering this sunday..if the weather cooperates I'll remember to bring a camera!!

Yesterday afternoon was a record south Florida gathering of Checkmates in Jupiter!! 3 :eyecrazy: Checkmates and two Hydrostreams. My Pulsare, a 1987 Black Starflite with a Yamaha 200, and a 23' Enforcer!! We also had two 2007 Hydrostreams, one closed bow with a 2.5 200 and one open bow with a 250xs!!! Very cool boats.....and as usual I forgot my camera!! We are making plans to have a big gathering on Sunday, August 12th if anyone is interested!

The next "official" Jupiter Hot Boat Gathereing will be the weekend of August 11th & 12th. Most of the guys will be showing up on sunday the 12th.:surf:

where are you guys meeting up at? I live in ocala, might have to bring the starliner down

Everyone will be putting in at Burt Reynolds Park and meeting at the Sandbar just west of the US1 train bridge. From the Burt Reynolds Park you idle north for about 5 minutes and you will see a bridge to the left. Go under the bridge and the sandbar will be straight ahead on the left.

Had a pre-August 12th event warm up yesterday with Rafael's Starflite, Pirate Joe, SFL Stream and myself for the Jupiter Hot Boat Club. We left Burt Reynolds park at noon and headed through Jupiter Inlet north in the Ocean. It was great..1-2', clear green water, and all of us running side by side leaping swells. We stopped off of Hobe Sound to go swimming and then came into the St Lucie inlet to the Manatee Pocket for lunch at Shrimpers... great food and atmosphere and lots of dock space!! After lunch we traveled south down the intercoastal and had some great 70+ mph sprints throught the 25 mph zones!!:bounce: We even blasted through one no-wake zone that Pirate Joe never even saw...He claims he was going to fast to see the sign!!:sssh: We got pelted by some raindrops the size of silver dollars when we got back to Jupiter. Man, those things hurt at 60 mph!!:yell: My daughter was smart....she crawled inside the playpen of my Pulsare and went to sleep..never got a raindrop!!!!:p We stopped at the Jupiter sand bar for a quick swim before the thunder storms came in and took one last blast through the river before pulling the boats out. It was then cleanup time and we met for dinner at Sonny's Bar b Que. Now, that's the way to spend a sunday!!:thumb:

Can't wait til the big gathering on August 12th!!!:banana: See you there! JP

Attachments

• Jul30327.JPG
    Jul30327.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Jul30330.JPG
    Jul30330.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 15
Raft Party Pics

Here's some rafting pics when we stopped for lunch at Shrimpers!

Attachments

• Jul30333.JPG
    Jul30333.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Jul30335.JPG
    Jul30335.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
Only 8 more days till the Jupiter Hot Boat Gathering!!! We have at least 15 boats organized for the event, many guys from scream & fly. There's gotta be some more Checkmates joining in. So far we have One Pulsare (me), 3 starflites, two outboard enforcers, and??? Everyone is :welcome: to attend!!

Tomorrow's the big day. We have lot's of boats from all over the state showing up for the first Jupiter Hot Boat Ralley!! We'll be gathering at Burt Reynolds Park (east side) at about 10:00 in the morning and then hanging out at the sandbar just west of the us1/train bridge till about noon. Then we'll head north to the Manatee Pocket for lunch. Hope to see some more Checkmates involved!!

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
Back