• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jack plate installed!!! some pics-

ross

random pic 001.jpg

random pic 002.jpg

here are a couple of pics of my vance mnfg. jack plate that was installed 2day! what should i use to put the steerring cables and the wiring harness in-something black...... the plate at it's lowest point is 3.5inches higher than original! that gives me 7.5inches of travel from stock!!!!! thanks for the advive andy! comments..................

You can clean up the look with simple plastic auto wiring covers 1/2 inch to 2 in. with a bag of plastic zip ties.It should be under 30 bucks and last for yrs:bounce:

83739502209.jpg

kind of a vague question- you can buy a manual adjust or a hydralic. the one on my boat is a manual 12inch vance mnfg. i can raise my motor 7.5 inches from it's originall state(factory). cmc makes a nice one i guess and they are about the same price. it depends on your hull. my vance was $265 to my door. there are many guys on here that can tell you more about your hull and what you would be best off w/ depends on your budget! also there are mant different sizes....-ross

Nice jackplate.
I would use either a rigging hose or some spiral wrap on those wires. With the rigging hose you would have to disconnect all your cables from your engine first, but the spiral wrap is super easy, (no disconnections) so that might be your best bet. Either can be bought at West Marine etc...
Here are some boats Ive rigged.
Rigging hose's are much nicer in my opinion.
12808020.jpg
But the spiral wrap isnt bad either.
12808016.jpg

Good looking Jack plate, should work nice. I'd leave the steering cables the way they are and wrap the wireing like Boston suggested. I've used a nylon wrap hose gaurd that velcro's together, I got it from a Case equipment dealer, they use it to protect hydraulic hoses from chaffing. I've also used R/V sewer hose as a cheap loom for wireing, costs about $10. bucks but you still have to unhook all the wiring and fish it thru.

sewer hose :sssh: i use sump pump hose it comes in lots of dia. and is under 10 bucks home depot lowes etc looks like what was there before ! cleans up the mass of mess

i went to my local electrical supply house and got some carflex(a flexible rubber hose-grey) in 1inch and looks to be still to small! what size of rigging hose did you guys have to use?

Back