• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

THE NEW BAJA/CHECKMATE/BAJA ????

wont be long only time and the pics will tell the truth. i saw an earleir pic of the fish boat when they were building it and it looked awsome.

i wonder about the other model

cant wait to see it and find out how it looks

Honestly, I do care what other people think a,d at times I can come acrosss wrong while typing. For some reason as well, I can't post smiley icons...but I just wanted everyone toknow as I stated earlier, I do not think C-Mate is a baja now, but Ihope they NEVER become one...

Cheers!!!

Where are my smilies?????

All in good fun!!! Nothing wrong with a little debate....

My smilies work! Here's to you SHAMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumb::cheers::cheers:;):thumb::D:surf::):sssh::banana::eyecrazy::bounce::popcorn::eek:

I find it rather interesting that the threads on the other sites have now been deleted. And both of the threads were seemingly started by people with strong connections to old Baja clan.

OSO had a pretty good one going that Doc Holiday started and it's gone.

And Blake started one on TeamBaja and it's also gone AWOL.

Interesting. ;)

-Chris

I can't believe everyone (baja and checkmate fans) seems to be getting up in arms. Doc Holiday made connections with the people that worked at baja in bucyrus, a good number of those people are now working at checkmate after baja was bought by fountain and moved to NC. My take on the whole thing (and this is personal opinion) after reading what was on OSO and everything, is that Doc is more concerned about supporting some hard working people than showing extreme brand loyalty. Checkmate is not becoming the evil Baja Corporation (which only became "evil" or of supposed decreased quality AFTER it was purchased by Brunswick in the 90's).

There are not alot of Baja people working at Checkmate. There are only 2 out of 15 hourly employees that used to work at Baja recently. There are alot of people that used to work at Baja including me. But I have been employed at Checkmate for over 20 years now. I think that most of the employees that are at Checkmate now worked at Baja at one time or another except for Mike & Kip of course.

I still stand by what I say, don't care what ya preach. Yes, I am a business person, own my own business. In my head, it is called selling out...

I think it's a funny comment about selling out with a sig that reads:

"2008 Formula 292 Fastech

1985 16' Diplomat--115 Evnirude."

Selling out is buying a new Formula when there is a 24 yr old Checkmate in the garage.

sMac, I believe Shameless has owned several Checkmates over the years. He just recently bought the Diplomat has a play boat.

That's fine... but I still think the "sellout" comment is funny based on that sig.

Maybe he should have bought a new Checkmate as a play-boat instead?

The count down is Coming to we get the pics of the boat. I think the pics are open to the public on the 12th in Miami

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Selling out is buying a new Formula when there is a 24 yr old Checkmate in the garage.

Check the screen name....."Shameless". Should conclude your thought.

I feel like I am in some 'love triangle' - Fountain, Baja by Fountain, Checkmate, Checkmaja ?????? :sick:

I would like to hear more about the rumored new 30 ft plus Mates !!!!!:popcorn:

I added this Mate to my garage AFTER I built my Formula!! This is one of MANY Checkmates that I have owned over the years...

That's fine... but I still think the "sellout" comment is funny based on that sig.

Maybe he should have bought a new Checkmate as a play-boat instead?

If Checkmate had a model that suited my needs as much as the Formula does for what I use it for, then I would have. And I said IF Checkmate turns into a Baja...That again was IF, IF, IF....;)

Check the screen name....."Shameless". Should conclude your thought.

I feel like I am in some 'love triangle' - Fountain, Baja by Fountain, Checkmate, Checkmaja ?????? :sick:

I would like to hear more about the rumored new 30 ft plus Mates !!!!!:popcorn:

Just so you understand...Shameless is after the Garth Brooks song and was derrived as my screen name and the name of our boats after I almost lost my wife to a ruptured anneurism (sp?) a few years back when um, I was having a Checkmate ZT 240 built for me. So, my screen name is very personal and I would appreciate it not being used in a negative manor when it relates to me... Thank you...

Oh, a little more info for the na--sayers here...as soon as I got word of the Fountain Baja "merger", I got rid of my Fountain. 2 weeks later, the merge was official...

I am really starting to feel sorry for the Combs now. Dock Holiday over on oso with his Miami boat show postings is acting in "my opinion" after reading his post is, because of all the Baja people that came over to Checkmate when they shut down created some kind of super new boat that will blow any Checkmate away that was ever built. And the gel coat job was out of this world.

Checkmate always had a kick A$$ looking boat and in my opinion and Checkmate always had the best gel-coat jobs. My boat is soild red and a 96 and I will stick it beside any baja from 96-08 and bet 500 my gel work looks better.

I know their is a lot of good people working at Checkmate that came from Baja an a lot of people that worked at Checkmate went to Baja because its a job and we all get sick of it after awhile a need change.

But to act like its all the Baja brains making the company work and piss on all the old Checkmate stuff because this new boat is going to look like a Baja is just a stab in the back to Bill Combs.

I just hope this new boat does not look like a Baja

And Checkmate has made boats over 30'

This one could get ugly.....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Maybe I am the minority, but I just like cool boats.

I prefer to own a Checkmate, but there is no boat that I could say I absolutly don't like. (maybe a Bayliner, but if my budget was real tight and I didn't have the skills to fix an old Checkmate, they might not look so bad....)

Back