• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

95 pulsare BR questions

boatn70

Ok, so i looked at this pulsare and heres what i find.

t1. he trailers fenders are rusting off and need replacement along with the diamond plate steps and 2 of the 4 bunks. its a CHawk trailer. Tires look good and I dont really know about the brakes at this point.

2. the gel on the boat looks OK, with some dock rash or minor scratches here or there. small amount of repair needed, not so much of an issue.

3. the vinyl is getting a little rough, it seems to be that vinyl that is somewhat hard compared to my boat. seems as though ive seen this on older cmates before. could use 3-4 repairs to vinyl or complete replacemnt to make me happy.

4. the motor is a 2.5 xri merc blackmax. it has dual cable steering and some sort of power assist unit mounted to the outside on the bracket. looks stock to me but i dont know. it looks to be in ok condition and runs. i would do compression test just for my own good.

5. its mounted on a powerlift with about 6" of setback and hes running a 4 blade prop with "shooter" stamped on it. looks like a smaller hub than the gearcase and is drilled for ventilation. im sure this isnt the best prop to be running.

6. it doesnt have the windsheild filler for the walk thru, is this something available or needed (asking you BR owners???)

i am looking for input from one and all as too thoughts, setup or anything else i should be looking for. a suggestion of selling price, cost of repairs etc from experience would be awesome. :thumb:

I am looking at taking this as a trade toward my convincor but want to be fair about it all!

thanks everyone!!

i will post some photos if i can get them on here! they are on my phone right now.

If the vinyl has that "hard" feeling, soon it will begin to crack/rip.

Figure a couple grand on a new interior if you want it to look pretty.

The bases are still wood on that year, so I would look for rot if the vinyl is that bad.

HD

kind of quiet!

does anyone know if that windsheild is available (the walk thru portion)?

how about prop, what would you say is being lost with that?

and whats up with the power steering thing? is that normal, stock or other?

just looking for some input, i will try to get a couple photos on here.

some pics

I know everyone loves to see pics so heres my lousy cell phone shots!!

Attachments

• pulsare3.jpg
    pulsare3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 33
  • pulsare1.jpg
    pulsare1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 32
  • New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 34
Looks like it's got the rare power steering from Mercury. I haven't heard that it works well with faster boats. You'd probably end up changing the steering out to hydraulic. That plus the interior vinyl, you're going to be putting money into it. What will the trailer need? Maybe $500+ for repairs? Still, it's a bow-rider Pulsare. Most sought-after model they make. You have wonder about the flooring and core if it's in only 'fair' condition overall. Did you walk around inside? Sit in the seats and see if the bases are solid?

If you can buy the package cheap enough, it looks like a decent project pulsare. He's asking $8600, so it seems he knows it needs work. Did you fire the engine and check compression? Offer him $7000 cash see if he bites.

thanks JW, thats what i thought, plus it would be a trade towards my boat so that helps too. whats a average price for a boat like this on a nice trailer with a better motor steering setup, say a 225 promax or something. would this boat be worth 12000, or is that just too much?
i can see. 600 in gel work, 1200 in vinyl, 1100.00 in trailer repair, 2000 in steering. thats 5000 plus whatever motor i may choose.
love to pick up a 250 from somthing!!

yeah, i did walk around, flooring seems ok, and i checked seat bases, all wood seems in good shape.

thanks JW, thats what i thought, plus it would be a trade towards my boat so that helps too. whats a average price for a boat like this on a nice trailer with a better motor steering setup, say a 225 promax or something. would this boat be worth 12000, or is that just too much?
i can see. 600 in gel work, 1200 in vinyl, 1100.00 in trailer repair, 2000 in steering. thats 5000 plus whatever motor i may choose.
love to pick up a 250 from somthing!!

Or you can buy my Pulsare with a Merc 3.0 225Xri and not have to fix anything!!:devil:

sounds like a deal but youd have to pony up a few bucks plus your boat, then.....we'd have to figure out how to get together and swap boats!
by your signature, you may not have room for another!

nice boat though, been watching yours too!

Back