• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Hanging w/ Caddman on the Lake

Rob B

Staff member
Today Caddman(Trey) and I met @ the lake to hang out and check each others boats out in person. Unfortunately his trim wasn't working so he rode with me the wife and son in the Enforcer. We had a great time on the water talking boats, the website and admiring another boat (Concept)nearby. Here's some pictures from today, Trey is next to the motor in the third picture:

Attachments

• DSCN0651.jpg
    DSCN0651.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0652.jpg
    DSCN0652.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN0654.jpg
    DSCN0654.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 77
The boat we were drooling over 30' Concept with twins:

Attachments

• DSCN0653.jpg
    DSCN0653.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0655.jpg
    DSCN0655.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0657.jpg
    DSCN0657.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 65
a few more

Attachments

• DSCN0647.jpg
    DSCN0647.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0646.jpg
    DSCN0646.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0656.jpg
    DSCN0656.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 58
and Trey's project boat

Attachments

• DSCN0658.jpg
    DSCN0658.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN0659.jpg
    DSCN0659.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0660.jpg
    DSCN0660.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 62
Wow your fast! I just made it home, and your already got the day up!! Had a great time meeting you and the family! Looking forward to the next time! Thanks again for letting me hitch a ride on your beautiful mate! I have my hands on your winch and will looking for the material to make your plate tomorrow afternoon! now to put some aloe on this sunburn!! lol!!

Wow your fast! I just made it home, and your already got the day up!! Had a great time meeting you and the family! Looking forward to the next time! Thanks again for letting me hitch a ride on your beautiful mate! I have my hands on your winch and will looking for the material to make your plate tomorrow afternoon! now to put some aloe on this sunburn!! lol!!

Was a pleasure meeting you as well, we'll try again next weekend. I can't wait to see your boat after the resto, that's gonna be a sweet mate when you're done.:thumb:

The boat was better than the women...in my opinion, lol but that party barge there was a couple on there, women were defiantly better than the boat!!! lol and the good music helped!!!

The boat was better than the women...in my opinion, lol but that party barge there was a couple on there, women were defiantly better than the boat!!! lol and the good music helped!!!

Yep I agree!!! I was thinking of the party barge while typing earlier.:drool:

oh by the way my issue was what we suspected, battery charger screamed when i hooked it up...battery was very low, but not dead....Im already itching to put that plate on there!! lol

oh by the way my issue was what we suspected, battery charger screamed when i hooked it up...battery was very low, but not dead....Im already itching to put that plate on there!! lol

That's cool!! You might want to add a perko switch until you tear it apart. Hopefully the Bob's stabilizer plate will help, sure will look better than the whale tail.:thumb:

The boat we were drooling over 30' Concept with twins:
I could insert 2 jokes here but since fireguy beat me to the first on I will have to take a lil stab at the second one......

Yep all ya fishin mota guys are a always a dreaming bout havin some real Black power on the back of ya's boat:poke::poke:

Looks like fun. I am going to have to come down and play on the lake with you guys:cheers:

I could insert 2 jokes here but since fireguy beat me to the first on I will have to take a lil stab at the second one......

Yep all ya fishin mota guys are a always a dreaming bout havin some real Black power on the back of ya's boat:poke::poke:

Looks like fun. I am going to have to come down and play on the lake with you guys:cheers:

LOL!!! Yep gonna paint mine black and call it a Mercrude..... You should bring the Enchanter down for a week and hang out on the lake.:thumb:

was it the boat you were drooling over or the twins on the bow ?

LOL!!! The twins on the stern.:D I should of taken a picture of the party barge that was nearby, at least three sets of twins with good music.:drool: Luckily I have a great wife, I can look but don't touch.:D

A good day in the watah!!!

Hey Rob!
I took her out today without any hiccups...lol:D

The Stabalizer Plate Works Great!! :bounce: Little more bow lift on take off than the whale tale thinggy, sea ray I think its called, but top end is a good 7mph faster I did the Iphone speedometer GPS:sssh:( not exactly sure how accurate it is but seemed not to be to far off in my car, just slow reaction) I hit 62:bigthumb: at 5800, two peeps and 3/4 tank... I need to check my slip numbers, it was the 23p...which I really want to try a diffrent style prop, maybe raker or comparable, need more bow lift....The plate does allow me to trim more before blowing out than the whale tale, which in turn is allowing me to lift the bow more, but I think a better style prop than the run of the mill stock ss prop will enable me less trim for bow lift and get more speed....I also want to start tinkering with the fishin mota....:devil:but resto awaits(atleast painting) first... I also want to figure what is the ideal setback for me, is 6 enough or should i go more? I do not want to loose to much of my handing especially in chop or rough, since I do play in the harbor some

Hey Rob!
I took her out today without any hiccups...lol:D

The Stabalizer Plate Works Great!! :bounce: Little more bow lift on take off than the whale tale thinggy, sea ray I think its called, but top end is a good 7mph faster I did the Iphone speedometer GPS:sssh:( not exactly sure how accurate it is but seemed not to be to far off in my car, just slow reaction) I hit 62:bigthumb: at 5800, two peeps and 3/4 tank... I need to check my slip numbers, it was the 23p...which I really want to try a diffrent style prop, maybe raker or comparable, need more bow lift....The plate does allow me to trim more before blowing out than the whale tale, which in turn is allowing me to lift the bow more, but I think a better style prop than the run of the mill stock ss prop will enable me less trim for bow lift and get more speed....I also want to start tinkering with the fishin mota....:devil:but resto awaits(atleast painting) first... I also want to figure what is the ideal setback for me, is 6 enough or should i go more? I do not want to loose to much of my handing especially in chop or rough, since I do play in the harbor some

Good to hear!!! I think 6" setback would be a good starting point. Probably need to find someone with a similar boat to see what they're running. What's the weight on the hull? I remember it being a 19 footer.

Back