• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Guy from North Carolina

Rmorris

Hey all,
I have a 2008 Pulsare 2000 BR with an Evinrude E-Tec - 225HP. It has manual transome jack with 5.5" set back. When I have it adjusted with the motor as high as it will go, it measures 3" below the pad. The prop is a 26P Raker II.

I bought it last March, 2010. It was new with 1.2 hours and had never been in the water. It sat on a dealers lot for two years and I got a tremendous deal. They still had three 2008 Checkmates left the last I knew if anyone is interested. He is in Florence, KY.

I wanted to have numbers to report for the first time that I wrote and I do have some numbers but the boat chine walks above 65 so I am getting some seat time and practice with correcting the chine walk before I get numbers. I'm practicing and getting the feel but I have a ways to go. To tell you the truth, when it's chine walking the last thing on my mind is numbers. I had a 1978 Checkmate for about 12 years but it didn't chine walk so this is a new experience for me. It ran 0 - 75 steady and stable all the way. I did notice yesterday that the hydraulic steering fluid has dropped down about 1/2" so it probably needs to be bled. I'll do that pretty soon and maybe it will help.

The fastest that I have been able to get is 70 GPS at about 5300 RPM. I still had throttle and trim to go so I know that it's got more. I'm getting 15% to 20% slip at speeds 65 and below so I'm pretty sure that I will need a bigger prop. I was thinking a 28P or 30P Raker II but I have read so many bad comments about Raker props on this forum. Does anyone like their Raker props?

That's all I know. Attached a couple of pictures. Haven't taken any in the water yet,

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 45
Welcome, I have stood in your boat before! I went and looked at it earlier in the year and tho a little bit dirty at the time, it was one sweet boat. Congrats on it, how were they to deal with?

NICE!! I think I saw the ad for that boat. Was one very similar in NY for sale too. Congrats! Bleeding your hydraulic steering out should cure some of the chine-walking. Try some different props too. And keep the motor trimmed down a little and the gas tank full until you get used to controlling the chine walking, and make long right turns when you're going for top speed. That'll all help.

Thanks,
They were OK to deal with. I bought the boat off of EBAY so most of the dealings were over the phone. I had never bought anything off of EBAY but it all worked out. The boat was dirty. They cleaned it up some but the fiberglass that was not covered was stained. A little rubbing compound brought it right back though. They didn't help me much when I picked it up - I wired the lights, but I was still grinning all the way home with the price I got it for. I would say that under normal conditions that they would be great to deal with.

Back