• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Preview Pics of the New Pulsare 2000 BRX (Discussion Thread)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some preview pictures of the brand new Pulsare 2000 BRX model that has just been released.

Kip sent these pics over and tells me that there will be some special preview pricing available, including a base model with handful of options and equipped with a Optimax 115 which will be very attractively priced - best to check with your local dealer for details. :thumb:

The 2000 Pulsare model is built and set up very similar to the 2400 BRX and with the 115 Opti it topped out at approximately 50 MPH. Kip reports that when tested with the 115, the boat got on plane very quickly with very little bow lift, so it should make quite a good ski boat as well.

Enjoy the pics! :)

-Chris

Attachments

• DSC_6206.JPG
    DSC_6206.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 96
Likes: I am a fan of liner boats with no carpet as this is. Should last MUCH longer than a standard Checkmate boat used for family fun, with wet suits and jackets and spilled drinks draining onto the floor. If I were shopping for a new boat, I'd shop this against the other all-composit brands and probably choose this boat.

That being said,

Dislikes: The dash area is a disaster in my opinion. I don't think the copilot is going to like sitting behind that solid fiberglass vertical wall. The radio needs to be mounted within the drivers reach. There should be a nice console with glove box and ice cooler on the copilot side instead of that flat wall. This is definitely NOT a Gary Horsley (sp) designed boat, and it shows. If I was shopping this boat against the 2000 or 2100BR, I'd choose the older boats based mainly on looks alone. I'd rather have the traditional boat and keep drinks and wet suits and life jackets out of my cockpit.

Dislikes: The dash area is a disaster in my opinion. I don't think the copilot is going to like sitting behind that solid fiberglass vertical wall.

When I first looked at the photos I liked it for the exact same reason as you don't. The "copilot" doesn't need a dash to sit behind, and not having one opens up that area a bit. I applaud Checkmate for daring to try something a little different. The rest of the boat is well done as well, and I agree about getting rid of the carpet (and MAYBE offer a snap-in as an option).

I saw this thread right after Chris posted and I didn't want to be the first to comment on it.. don't want you guys to think I was bashing it... but, I mostly agree with everyone else.

Lines don't work for me at all... but I prefer old school style. The passenger side dash doesn't bother me.. looks like they created quite a bit more room. The drivers side needs some major help, imo (whats up with that dash). I really like liner boats, I'm sure that snap in carpet will be an option. The captians chairs do look pretty good, the back seat backrest don't work for me and same with the br area- again I prefer plain ol benchs with some color on em. Looks like the armrests would be confortable in that back seat though (see, I'm trying to find some positives)

I guess that Baja styling sold alot of boats before they went belly up.

Last edited:
My opinion only. To me, that passenger 'no dash' opens up some space, but it's wasted space. Boats don't need space in front of the copilot seat, all you put there are legs. Above those legs should be a large glove box and an ice cooler that drains overboard. Subwoofer mounted under the dash. Use that space for something usefull.
If CMate wanted to leave that flat wall in front of the copilot, then instead of a bucket seat, there should be a wrap-around couch that fills that area and extends all the way around the back. Up front at the flat wall, put an aft facing angled seatback. Could be like a small deck boat or a dedicated ski boat interior, without the ugly deck boat outsides. NOW you've got some useable space...................

I agree. The boat has a Bayliner look to it. I love the traditional, low freeboard lines of the older checkmates. I also believe that some sort of wrap around bench or rearward facing seat would be a better use of space with the flat copilot dash. Love the liner and would like to see snap in carpet to help the feet out.

Love this discussion. Great way to get good feedback from those who love the boats.

To sum it up. It looks like any other bow rider oout there in terms of it's profile... Nothing distinctive about it and IMO that is why people buy CM's vs other mass production bowriders out there.

I'm giving it a double yawn.....:poke:

:sleep: :sleep:

I dunno, to me it at least it offers up something different.

There is already the 2100 out there, so why have a 20' that's the same?

I'm not totaly sure about this, but I think originally the plan was to have the 20' replace the 21'. I think the thinking at the time was that by removing the small bump out detail in the rear of the hull mould, that buyers would be able to get the flag graphics option or anything for that matter as the sides were smoother and more graphics friendly. But in the end, the 2100 never really ended up being replaced by the 2000, so there ended up being both models, which quite honestly was kind of redundant if you think about it.

So now there is the 2100, which has the classic lines that many like and then there is the 2000 which offers up something a bit different.

In the end, the two models give people choice and options and they can then choose what they like, by putting down their hard earned money. So, it's as simple as, don't like it, don't buy it. ;)

-Chris

Looks like Bass Pro Shops could carry it along with their line of Tahoe's (or whatever that boat is that they carry).

Back