• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

175 blackmax bored to a 200

axel195

anyone familiar with boring out a 175 blackmax to a 200?i found a enchantor with this motor set up.wondering if it's all good or a nightmare?:rolleyes:

anyone familiar with boring out a 175 blackmax to a 200?i found a enchantor with this motor set up.wondering if it's all good or a nightmare?:rolleyes:

well if memory serves me right,:yell: i dont think it is posible to bore a mota from 175cc to 200cc because the cylnder walls would be way to thin. i could be very wrong on this mater. some of the mechanical guru's should chime in shortly. but i realy dont think that you can go that big without changing the sleeve's to the bore of a 200cc. if you have to do that, there is some special tools you need to pull the sleeve's if your mota sleeves can be changed.:eyecrazy: just my twin pennys:rof:

Black Max 175 to 200

According to my Seloc manual, the 175 and 200 have an identical bore x stroke (year depending...my book's a few years old)! So boring the cylinders out would not a 175 make!

Ciao,

Brett

I have my Mercury outboard book here and atleast for my 91 175, the bore and stroke is the same on a 175 and a 200. Bore is 3.375 in. Stroke is 2.65 in., and piston displacement is 142 cu in, on both motors.

I have more info somewhere just need to do some digging. I think the 175 has lower compression than the 200, atleast that what I read. I have heard of guys changing the carbs, reeds, and cutting down the heads to get more hp out of a 175.

THANKS FOR THE INFO

GOING TO BE PURCHASING A "87" ENCHANTER WITH THIS MOTOR ON IT.JUST ASKING TO SEE IF HE IS LEGET!
AFTER I SEAL THE DEAL I WILL POST PICS OF THIS PUCHASE...STAY TUNED!:cheers:

THINKING OUT LOUD

IF THE BORE & STROKE ARE THE SAME...WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE????PISTONS?THE HEADS?:confused:

2.4 Liters

The Nerd is 100 % correct. They are both 2.4's, Merc changes the ports, carburation, ect. to get the different ratings. If you want more power try a tad more compression ( just don't over do it ) also do some research on jets and timing. You will be surprised at what that 2.4 is capable of.

you are right fella's. one more time i have my ducks all out of line agian. sorry for that post. i used to race mc and the bikes go by cc and outboards go by hp. i am sorry again.

You might be happy with the 175 on there. I had a 150 black max on my first enchanter and loved it. It would top out in the 62-64mph range.

compression #'s

what is a good compression number for this 175 blackmax?i'll go check it today if all equal,i'll pick the boat up today.thanks again,use guys are excellent !

Attachments

• downsized_1116101138c.jpg
    downsized_1116101138c.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 1116101144a.jpg
    1116101144a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 27
I think 115-120 would be good, if they are all within about 10% of each other. I would also run it for a while with the 175 and see how you like it. See if the idle stableizer has been removed and check the timing. But, like YF said,You should see some decent #s with that 175.
Then decide if you want to up the HP. If you cut the heads you are going to have to run 93+ octaine to keep from blowing it up. If you want reliability, keeping her somewhat stock and the motor/carbs clean is the best way to run. good luck !!

93 octane

i run 93 octane in my 2 stroke skiis.is it wise to run 93 octane in a stock merc?
the seller said the motor was professionally built to a 200.
what do use guys think about that?

Back