• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My impressions of the new 2000BRX

JW

Staff member
I got to see the 2000BRX up close and personal at the GR boat show yesterday. Onthehammer was representing the Checkmates, good to see you Jeff!. The three 2000BRX boats, one in yellow with black, one in blue/black, and one in black/red, all looked pretty good compared to the hundreds of generic boats there! I've finally got to see the new controversial design up close and personal. He also had a beautiful 2400BRX with 300 Verado there.

My impressions:
The 2400BRX was of course IMPRESSIVE. Yes, I'd love to have one. The front playpen is huge with all the bow filler cushions installed. Tons of room in the cockpit. Still a low-profile sleek boat. Dream boat for sure.

2000BRX: I gotta say, I do like them overall. I could own this boat and know I've got the best looking boat on my lake.

1. Fully lined. Who cares how much water the guests flood into the boat? Won't be worried about rebuilding the floor in 10 years. Store the boat bow-high and pull the plug between uses. Take the snap-in carpet out and store it in the garage. I've owned a few liner boats, and the ease of maintenance and the lack of moisture damage concerns increase the joy of ownership.

2. True 'Pulsare' transom beefing inside. The transom is built to handle twice what the boat is rated for. Easily hang huge setback and/or big block outboards on this boat with zero worries.

3. Traditional Checkmate fast/efficient bottom.

4. Lots MORE room inside this boat than a 2100BR. I never lacked for space inside my 2100BR, but this shorter boat has a lot more room freed up.
BOW: The bow doesn't have the 4' deck in front of the cushions, this one is more like 1.5'. There's a hatch in the top of the little forward deck, I'm guessing for an anchor locker. Didn't open it up. The front has much more 'length' room than the 2100BR with the shrinking of the forward deck. Better design up front.
COCKPIT: The cockpit is much wider with the elimination of the 10" wide gunnels. Seat bases are molded-in, so nothing to trap dirt/moisture. No long seat-base screws to pierce the core underneath. The dash is a bolted-on 'pod' like my other liner boats, easy to get underneath for mods.

5. Livorsi digital gauges. Three thumbs up :surf:

6. Standard setback bracket. Won't see any Four Winns or Larson with that. VERY easy to then bolt on a nice 6-10" adjustable plate behind

7. The 115 powered boat had dual-cable steering. That's a nice standard feature. Much easier to upgrade power.

Dislikes or Needs Improvement:

1. We've lost the padded armrest behind the throttle. Checkmate needs to design a small bolt-on padded armrest for the driver. There's room for it. Maybe one for the copilot too.

2. We've lost a little of the 'Checkmate' look to gain all the needed interior room. Standing next to the boat and sighting down the sides, it's still a good looking boat. Tinting the windshield would probably help get some of the 'look' back.

3. Standard radio is a nice unit, but there's no way for the driver to control the tunes without upgrading to a unit with remote control.

That's it. Overall, I give the new design a It's a good compromise design, blending the speed/coolness factor of a Checkmate with the no-worries practicality of a generic family bow-rider.
A few pictures to follow.

2000 BRX

I also got to see one this week at Roberts Marine that was being rigged. I cant say it did anything for me. I guess I just flat like the look of the 2100 & 2400 series better. It looked more like a bayliner and when sitting it I felt like I was encased in by windschield. Also the new Cmate seats just dont seem as comfy as the old ones IMO.
I am not bashing this boat for I am sure it is a very good boat but was just my personal feelings on it.
A buddy of mine did drag home the 2400BRX he had for sale. He took out yesterday for a quick spin. Said its awesome! I cant wait to take a ride in it and see for myself.

Pix:

Start with the dream boat:

2400BRX in GREAT colors :banana: Too bad my camera turned the red to burnt orange. Must be a flourescent light thing.

Attachments

• IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
More pix:

The controversial 2000BRX:

I was VERY happy to see the transom boxed in like it's supposed to be:

Attachments

• IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 72
side shot and interior of the black one

Side shot and interior shot of the black one. Again, not as cool as the older style checkmates, but still hotter looking than every other generic brand I can think of.

Attachments

• IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Nice! That 24BRX gave me a bit of a boater... hahah get it... the 20NERF took it back down tho :(

A buddy of mine did drag home the 2400BRX he had for sale. He took out yesterday for a quick spin. Said its awesome! I cant wait to take a ride in it and see for myself.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping that would hang around just a little longer....like May! DAMN IT!:brickwall:

Some rod holders off that tower and a live box would make it even that sweeter. Be a great multipurpose rig. lol

Does kinda look like a Nerf ish football....but gotta keep up the the competition I guess. But overall I like it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping that would hang around just a little longer....like May! DAMN IT!:brickwall:

Thats funny! Sorry I broke the bad news to ya. I think that was a pretty good buy on that boat also. It is a little to big for my liking but maybe I will feel differently once its on the water and I get to ride in it.

Cop hair-cut

Here comes 'ol flat-top, he comes groovin' up slowly, ..................Beatles!

Me and Jeff (Onthehammer) discussing the pros and cons.............

img0009pn.jpg

Last edited:
Not a good shot of the transom area, but might as well throw it out there. What you can't see here is a fold-down swim ladder that's mounted low on the transom and is a single loop with a step on top of the hinge area, kinda like a jet-ski boarding ladder. Hard to describe.

Attachments

• IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19
Not a good shot of the transom area, but might as well throw it out there. What you can't see here is a fold-down swim ladder that's mounted low on the transom and is a single loop with a step on top of the hinge area, kinda like a jet-ski boarding ladder. Hard to describe.

I think this is what your talking about. Pic is kct's new boat.

Thats funny! Sorry I broke the bad news to ya. I think that was a pretty good buy on that boat also. It is a little to big for my liking but maybe I will feel differently once its on the water and I get to ride in it.

Yep...if he got it for the advertised bottom price it was a steal. If got it cheaper, don't tell me because I'll go effing crazy with jealousy.

Sorry about the hi-jack JW. I'm done. (sniff, sniff, tear)

Yep...if he got it for the advertised bottom price it was a steal. If got it cheaper, don't tell me because I'll go effing crazy with jealousy.

Sorry about the hi-jack JW. I'm done. (sniff, sniff, tear)

What was sticker price out of curiosity? High 40's w/verado?

Back