• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New From Northeast Ohio

Welcome SKRAMER and enjoy your Exciter. Summer is slippin away so go splash that thing ! :bigthumb:

Bought her last Tuesday already burned 1 and a half tanks. Been boating my whole life can't believe it took me this long to own one of these. It rocks. I don't see where I can post pictures.

How fast should she go with the 150hp on her. I got 46mph on gps. With a 5 blade 19 pitch. ( Thats the prop she came with.) Been reading her since I bought her. Guy seem to be going alot faster.

welcome! you want to ski or cruise? might want to look up some local individuals with a few different props to try out. good all around would be a 4 blade. not really sure which would be best for your application.

Welcome and enjoy! As long as your engine is running right the speed is all about prop pitch and setup (provided your bottom isn't all barnacle encrusted).
Your boat should fly pretty well.

Will it really run 60 if I put the right prop on it? I figure the last owner had it set up for sking. I love the performance now. Just looking at the posibilities.

If your boat is dry and your not carrying any extra weight, you should hit 60. Assuming your motor isn't tired.

Ramificaions hit 60+ over the weekend with his Exciter and he's not propped quite right. He has some motor work done and was running pretty light.

:welcome: to the forum!

Posting pics... host your photos on a site like photobucket, facebook etc once the photo is loaded up there, right click it, copy it and post it here in your reply.

With a stock 2.0 150 I saw 56-58 mph with a 23p 3-blade nameless prop. After all of my work, I saw a confirmed 62.?? with the same beat up prop. This past weekend, I tried a 23p Mirage plus with great success. Boat felt a little faster, but was much easier to control. I'm going to try a 24p and see how that goes... I think I'll be close to 70mph once she is dialed in:bigthumb:

Good luck and post up some pics when you get it figured out:thumb:

:welcome: to the forum!

Posting pics... host your photos on a site like photobucket, facebook etc once the photo is loaded up there, right click it, copy it and post it here in your reply.

With a stock 2.0 150 I saw 56-58 mph with a 23p 3-blade nameless prop. After all of my work, I saw a confirmed 62.?? with the same beat up prop. This past weekend, I tried a 23p Mirage plus with great success. Boat felt a little faster, but was much easier to control. I'm going to try a 24p and see how that goes... I think I'll be close to 70mph once she is dialed in:bigthumb:

Good luck and post up some pics when you get it figured out:thumb:

Thanks for the help.

Is this the world famous "skramer" from IP? Congrats on the little CMate.....not as cool as your other boat but burns a heck of a lot less gas! Did Frank the Tank or Jason K look the boat over for you?

Last edited:
Is this the world famous "skramer" from IP? Congrats on the little CMate.....not as cool as your other boat but burns a heck of a lot less gas! Did Frank the Tank or Jason K look the boat over for you?
It's me!! Been looking for a something like this for awhile. Frank hasn't seen it in person yet. I think its awesome. Sould have her up on Sandusky bay this weekend.

Here is skramer's Cmate. A perfect boat to run around Sandusky Bay in!

Attachments

• 1979%20Checkmate.jpg
    1979%20Checkmate.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 38
Back