• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Resto/Custom/Encapsulated Enticer

Decals

Man that came out nice! Those decals worked out good. Great job on the restore Brian, glad I could help with the decals for you. Nice one of a kind Checkmate. Enjoy it.

Man that came out nice! Those decals worked out good. Great job on the restore Brian, glad I could help with the decals for you. Nice one of a kind Checkmate. Enjoy it.

Thank you so much!!
And thank you for all your help (and patience) with the custom decals..!!
They turned out great.!!! Very pleased with the quality (and size) of the decals..!!
It's funny... (because I encapsulated the boat and removed the rub-rail) I probably spent 20+ hours just trying to figure out how much larger to have the decals made..., then another 10hrs deciding exactly where (and how) to place them..
In the end... I cut out off the checkerboard thing the horse head stood on (cause i didn't have enough room) and the underline (cause I thought it would looked too busy with the other pin-stripping above and below decals)

Kinda wish I had more "before and after pics"...
Thanks again.!!

IMG_2173.jpg
afterdecalpic.jpg

Attachments

• horse decal.jpg
    horse decal.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5
  • chekmate decal.jpg
    chekmate decal.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 6
  • placing decal.jpg
    placing decal.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 11
Looks even better in the water. Got any action shots?

Thank you!
No action shots yet... there was a "no wake zone" where i put the boat in.., and no where to drop of a camera person on the lake that day.
I know of an inlet by St. Petersburg FL that leads to the Gulf of Mexico... it usually has big rolling waves and its right next to a sandbar... I've gotten my boat completely airborne there several times..! Great place for some action shots! I'll work on it! Haha... cant wait!

Thank you!
No action shots yet... there was a "no wake zone" where i put the boat in.., and no where to drop of a camera person on the lake that day.
I know of an inlet by St. Petersburg FL that leads to the Gulf of Mexico... it usually has big rolling waves and its right next to a sandbar... I've gotten my boat completely airborne there several times..! Great place for some action shots! I'll work on it! Haha... cant wait!

Would love to see some action shots of your Mate

Great work! Really makes me want to ditch my rub rail as well.

I also love the look of no rubrail and did consider it on my Mates resto, but unfortunately my marina where I keep my boat always has a lot of new boaters floating around banging and bumping.
I settled on a flush style one piece rail {no insert} color matched to the hull -- from a distance it'll look like no rubrail.

Back