• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

November Boating

JUPITER PULSARE

I think I'll splash the beast this Sunday weather permitting. I need a HOWLING twin engine fix!

Attachments

• 2800 ON TRAILER 1.jpg
    2800 ON TRAILER 1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 2800 port.jpg
    2800 port.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 43
  • twin 225.jpg
    twin 225.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Well...it rained on me all day Sunday!:mad: My thrill for the day was charging up my batteries on the 2800 and firing up both motors! Sitting inside the cockpit under the boat canopy, listening to the motors in the rain while driveway boating isn't so bad...:D

Quick driveway story, remounted the pedestal on the drivers side bucket seat in the starflite. So I jumped in seat grabbing the wheel and bounced to and fro. I guess I bounced a little to long, my neighbor was on his porch yelled over “Are you winning” felt like a 10 yr old. Later I found out he was the chairman for the local boat races for like 25 yrs. ��

I had the pleasure of running the Miami - Key west Poker run this last week, I really envy you Florida guys! 24hrs ride straight through towing a boat was very worth it!

I had the pleasure of running the Miami - Key west Poker run this last week, I really envy you Florida guys! 24hrs ride straight through towing a boat was very worth it!

Mink, I've done that Poker Run numerous times! The entire run is eye candy everywhere you look! Amazing boats, stunning ladies, beautiful water and amazing scenery! The excitement leading up to the SBI World Final races is contagious! The street party in Key West and the boat parade is also amazing! Glad you enjoyed your trip to Florida!

Finally got my 2800 back in the water since the hurricane Irma! Beautiful 75 degree sunny weather. Timmy splashed his Enchanter/225 Opti/Trophy Plus 26 and ran 75+ with three people on board! I had 96 gallons of gas on board and did some 70 mph passes but had to back out of the throttle due to my starboard motor running hot. I think the water pump is going bad and will swap it out before I hit the water next time. It was even cool enough to take an afternoon siesta in the cabin for a change! With the amount of time, work and money I spent on the cabin it was great to get a chance to actually use it! The most exciting thing was finding a new cruising speed. Usually I'm in the ocean jumping waves at 45-65 mph, cruising the Intercoastal Waterway at 55 mph or running wide open at 72+! Yesterday, I tucked my motors all the way in, dropped my tabs, bumped the throttles up slowly to about 3000 rpm, allowing the boat to just come on plane and was able to maintain a bounce free ride at 25-26 mph with minor throttle adjustments! It made for a very relaxing cruise!!

Attachments

• NOV BOATING 3.jpg
    NOV BOATING 3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • NOV BOATING 2.jpg
    NOV BOATING 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 22
  • NOV BOATING 1.jpg
    NOV BOATING 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sigh - boats only "officially" been in storage for 2 weeks, and I'm already looking forward to next spring.

Jupiter,

Did you have your hull bottom painted black or is that factory gel?

Mink, it's factory black gelcoat. Years ago, someone speed coated 3/4 of the bottom (white looking substance) that's been wearing off as time progresses. If I had the energy I would highspeed wheel the bottom and remove the rest of the speed coat and polish the black gelcoat!

Mink, it's factory black gelcoat. Years ago, someone speed coated 3/4 of the bottom (white looking substance) that's been wearing off as time progresses. If I had the energy I would highspeed wheel the bottom and remove the rest of the speed coat and polish the black gelcoat!

No worry, a few more 70 mph passes and it will all be worn off by summer! :rof:

Back