• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1500 merc VS. 200 blackmax

maagee79

Does anyone know what the weights of each motor. i have a 1500 merc that has the top cyl low. but found a 200 hp black max unsure about condition. before i was going to look at it i was wandering about weight and if the 200 would be too much for a 1976 vmate 1 15ft. im not worried about the power i can handle that just if the boat could handle it.
please leave u opinion all will help me.
1500 yr 1977
200 i dont know for sure early eighties i believe

Yeah I love them but I blew mine up 3 weeks ago. So I went out an bought a 1990 mach 1so I didn't have to worry about a 30 year old motor. Maybe this winter I will rebuild it.

WAYNE is around 1200.00 if you pull block out remove all electrical parts and carbs. Great guy give him a call tell him what you got. I have his number somewhere if you need it he did my 1400 last year.

Back