• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1958 Glastron Fireflite new member

Fireflite

Hi gang. Heres a couple pics of our boat. We have been wanting to get a bigger boat so hopefully soon! Looking for good boating spots and places to hang out in the upstate South Carolina, new to the area. Relocated from Moline, Illinois on Mississippi river.

Here we go, this was taken 2008 at the Muscatine boat show in Muscatine Iowa.

6298.jpg

The steering wheel

Has anyone ever seen a steering wheel like this before ? I found it on Ebay and have never been able to find another or even see another like it. It is white rubber grip with stainless steel banjo spokes ( 3 each way ) and a chrome center. No name just a logo a never seen before. It really sets the boat off and gets lots of compliments. The wife wasn't happy when I bought it, $$$. She's used to me spending big bucks on streetrod parts and even goes and picks them up at companys and pays for them , so she knows what things cost. But this was out there, but I had to be different. So anyways just curious if anybody has ever seen one before ?​

Has anyone ever seen a steering wheel like this before ? I found it on Ebay and have never been able to find another or even see another like it. It is white rubber grip with stainless steel banjo spokes ( 3 each way ) and a chrome center. No name just a logo a never seen before. It really sets the boat off and gets lots of compliments. The wife wasn't happy when I bought it, $$$. She's used to me spending big bucks on streetrod parts and even goes and picks them up at companys and pays for them , so she knows what things cost. But this was out there, but I had to be different. So anyways just curious if anybody has ever seen one before ?​

Post a closer pic of the wheel I think I reconize it maybe.

Steering wheel

This is not a old wheel but it is what I think I am looking at. So is this it or close?
a lot of the European wheels have been discontinued.

v25w-1.jpg

Wheel

That's it. The logo in the center is a tad different, no name. But that is it. I have tried to find another to compare it to with no luck. Where did you find it ? I new it was new, but I thought it would look great, I didn't want a newer looking wheel. I hope I didn't get hurt to bad on what I paid, but you know that saying ( If you want it bad enough you will pay ! ) I was looking at the banjo wheels we buy for streetrods but they just didn't look right. I gave $225.00 and it was new. Thanks for finding that pic, it's good to just kmow that someone else knows abot these. I didn't know what I bought. It came sealed in plastic in a plain white box.

Back