• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Predictor Custom Restoration

This boat has been fitted with a new transom, kickers, and new stringer. The floor has been put back so that a removable teak floor can be installed. I have also added a bulkhead which will serve as support for the back seat, filled in all of the holes in the dashboard, reinforced the back of the dash board with addition glass, filled in the factory fuel fill-up hole (so that I can put a perko flush fill cap in), and the list goes on....

I plan to have the boat completed in about 6 weeks. It will be fitted with hydraulic steering, a 10" hydraulic jack plate, and a 1993 150hp mercury XR6.

I built the seat bases about even with the top of the flotation that runs along both sides of the boat. So it works out to about 4 1/2" plus add about 1/8 to 3/16" of fiberglass. The guy I bought the boat from built and installed a set of his own which were much higher than mine. Im pretty sure mine are lower than the manufactures. I built mine lower for a few reasons:
1) I can always shim the seat up higher if necessary.
2) In case I wanted to add hardware to allow the seat to rotate.
3) It just looked better with the seat sitting a little lower, it went better with the small size of the boat.

More Pictures of my never ending project (Restore of 79' Prepictor)

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

gflattmann

Last edited:
It's been quite a while since I last posted pics of the restoration. Since then, dash board trim has been installed, the windshield has been restored, and the radio has been installed.

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

Back