• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

" For Sale" 1989 Checkmate Starliner

Sam I am

Hey guys...it's done deal, the family is ALL IN on surfing. Even me...we've had a great time together and my daughter is driving the boat already in preparation for hanging with her "Squad". :rof:

Pics are a kind of a Pain but I'll throw up a few...if you're serious, tex me and I'll bombard you.

1989 Checkmate Starliner $38,500 OBRO
2015 Evinrude G2 250HO w/ 3 years of BEST factory Warranty Remaining (Good until July 18th 2023)
2015 Single Axle C-Hawk Trailer with surge brakes and LED lights.
2015 Kenwood Stereo
6 Kenwood Marine Speakers
1 Kenwood Subwoofer
1 Kenwood Amp
Evinrude Gauges with GPS Speedo
Rubber Pirelli Floor
2 Batteries
4” Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate
2 Evinrude RX4 Props paid $1300 Each for a $2600 value in mint condition.
Tripod Ski Pylon

This boat was factory restored at the original Checkmate Factory in Bucyrus, OH from fall of 2014 to the fall of 2015. The only wood on the boat is the structural members of the hull. All interior replaced with modern plastic wood for the seat boxes and panels so it will never rot. This boat is a smooth driving, gas sipping, power house. You can pull the kids tubing all day on a tank of gas and I’ve only used 1.5 tanks of oil the entire time I’ve owned it. Not sure on hours, I had to replace my gauges 44 hours ago. My original gauges never worked correctly and turns out I bought the G1 gauges…not the G2 gauges. I think there’s around 100 hours on the motor and only 44 hours on the LU. It was replaced under warranty the same time as the gauges. Non impact failure…suffered internal failure while tubing. This boat is not for the meek. It brings the mail and will go 75+ mph on GPS. Great ski boat too. My family wanted to surf, so I bought a surf boat and I can’t keep them both. I own it free and clear.

This boat is a 9/10 interior and an 8/10 exterior with some chips in the gel. It was a family boat for 5 years, not a garage queen. But I do take pretty good care of my stuff.

Located in Fargo, ND seven oh won – for for sicks – sicks too seven seven text or call

No test rides without cash or certified check in hand.

S2SzY6kjTZKLF+25moZ6Aw.jpg

gIe7FzW2TouoAKBxfb0Qeg.jpg

RuHexwGgQh2u7o6sFg4IAg.jpg

Good luck with the sale!

Hey guys...it's done deal, the family is ALL IN on surfing. Even me...we've had a great time together and my daughter is driving the boat already in preparation for hanging with her "Squad". :rof:

Pics are a kind of a Pain but I'll throw up a few...if you're serious, tex me and I'll bombard you.

1989 Checkmate Starliner $38,500 OBRO
2015 Evinrude G2 250HO w/ 3 years of BEST factory Warranty Remaining (Good until July 18th 2023)
2015 Single Axle C-Hawk Trailer with surge brakes and LED lights.
2015 Kenwood Stereo
6 Kenwood Marine Speakers
1 Kenwood Subwoofer
1 Kenwood Amp
Evinrude Gauges with GPS Speedo
Rubber Pirelli Floor
2 Batteries
4” Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate
2 Evinrude RX4 Props paid $1300 Each for a $2600 value in mint condition.
Tripod Ski Pylon

This boat was factory restored at the original Checkmate Factory in Bucyrus, OH from fall of 2014 to the fall of 2015. The only wood on the boat is the structural members of the hull. All interior replaced with modern plastic wood for the seat boxes and panels so it will never rot. This boat is a smooth driving, gas sipping, power house. You can pull the kids tubing all day on a tank of gas and I’ve only used 1.5 tanks of oil the entire time I’ve owned it. Not sure on hours, I had to replace my gauges 44 hours ago. My original gauges never worked correctly and turns out I bought the G1 gauges…not the G2 gauges. I think there’s around 100 hours on the motor and only 44 hours on the LU. It was replaced under warranty the same time as the gauges. Non impact failure…suffered internal failure while tubing. This boat is not for the meek. It brings the mail and will go 75+ mph on GPS. Great ski boat too. My family wanted to surf, so I bought a surf boat and I can’t keep them both. I own it free and clear.

This boat is a 9/10 interior and an 8/10 exterior with some chips in the gel. It was a family boat for 5 years, not a garage queen. But I do take pretty good care of my stuff.

Located in Fargo, ND seven oh won – for for sicks – sicks too seven seven text or call

No test rides without cash or certified check in hand.

View attachment 10955

View attachment 10956

View attachment 10957

Good luck with the sale!!!

Beautiful boat! 👍👍If it had a Merc on it I would more interested. Sorry, I’m a die hard Merc guy. Wouldn’t do you any good to sell the Evinrude separately unfortunately.

Back