• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1993 Starflite Restro

I plan on installing windshield next. I had the glass tinted and all the frame powder coated black. Hope have everything except the steering, gauges and the interior completed by end of this weekend.
I have a complete new interior from Checkmate. Still need to order hydralic steering and waiting on gauges to come in.

Attachments

• IMG00100.jpg
    IMG00100.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 118
Looking good :bigthumb: Keep up the good work. I ordered a complete interior from Checkmate as well. I will be happy when I don't have a brown Checkmate anymore LOL!

Great job. That paint job looks great. Cant wait to see the new interior. When You order the new interior do they send it with new wood and all?

Updated pics.

Attachments

• IMG00108.jpg
    IMG00108.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG00110.jpg
    IMG00110.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG00112.jpg
    IMG00112.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 170
Looking real nice. Can we get some pics of the interior?

what kind of Merc is that on the back? What kind of prop and setback are you running?

Looking real nice. Can we get some pics of the interior?

what kind of Merc is that on the back? What kind of prop and setback are you running?

It's a 2.5 power head, should be around 240 hp. Bought it from Carys go fast power heads in Texas. It's on a 10" set back, Bobs hydraulic jack plate. The first prop I am going to try is a 24p chopper.
I don't have the interior installed yet, will take pics when I do.

It's a 2.5 power head, should be around 240 hp. Bought it from Carys go fast power heads in Texas. It's on a 10" set back, Bobs hydraulic jack plate. The first prop I am going to try is a 24p chopper.
I don't have the interior installed yet, will take pics when I do.

Very nice. If you don't top 70mph with that combo, I'll be quite surprised.

You should call Mike at checkmate for interior cost. I bought the interior that was posted on here. Someone had it made and never picked it up. I am very happy with it and it is well worth the money.

Last year my interior cost just over $1800.00 plus shipping.
New buckets, new rear seat assembly and the 2 side panels for the rear seat.

I think it will be a little higher this year.

Jim

Last year my interior cost just over $1800.00 plus shipping.
New buckets, new rear seat assembly and the 2 side panels for the rear seat.

I think it will be a little higher this year.

Jim

Was quoted $1800 today from Mike.....

Was quoted $1800 today from Mike.....

Don't wait til spring to order them. Once they start building boats the parts orders move to the back of the line. If you order them in the winter you will get them in a month. I ordered mine in April and they MIGHT be done late this week. I knew this going in and am not complaining, just FYI.

Once again, just wanted to say how happy I am to see what a great job you are doing on her. I know my son, who use to own it, is on all the great work you are doing. Can't wait to see her when you are finished.

I tried to post a picture of her before you started the restore, but it did not work. Not sure what went wrong.

Here some updated pics

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 130
Back