• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

200 black max

Talk about a dumb ass....i looked in the package my gauge came in (last year)...and yup...theres the sender and bracket specific to the merc...wow...

thanks to you all especially the first post asking if there matched...that should do it...ill let you all know....

so we got out today....temp jumped to 240 at WOT...then rapidly dropped back to 180 at mid speed...Im at a loss here. I cant believe its running that hot, could the new poppit valve be crap?

so we got out today....temp jumped to 240 at WOT...then rapidly dropped back to 180 at mid speed...Im at a loss here. I cant believe its running that hot, could the new poppit valve be crap?

Do you have a water pressure gauge? If so, what kind of PSI are you seeing? I had an issue where I had the correct part number for my poppet valve, however it didn't match up to the old one or operate correctly. Sounds like that may be the issue you are having. Do you still have the old poppet to look at them side by side? I ended up putting the old plastic portion of the poppet back in with all of the other new parts and it works fine now.

Do you have a water pressure gauge? If so, what kind of PSI are you seeing? I had an issue where I had the correct part number for my poppet valve, however it didn't match up to the old one or operate correctly. Sounds like that may be the issue you are having. Do you still have the old poppet to look at them side by side? I ended up putting the old plastic portion of the poppet back in with all of the other new parts and it works fine now.

I have 10 psi at idol and 18 to 20 at WOT. The poppit appears to move freely...dont have the old one to check.

I also just noticed the new water sender is for a 100-200 temp gauge. my gauge is 220 to 240. I ordered the new one...maybe just not reading correctly...Teleflex does not have good info on there temp gauges...or at least i cant find it.

No, their info on gauges in general is not great IMHO. Just did a few new gauges from them and it was very difficult to figure out what the ohms range was that their fuel level gauge was designed to read. Ended up taking my best guess and luckily it worked out.

No, their info on gauges in general is not great IMHO. Just did a few new gauges from them and it was very difficult to figure out what the ohms range was that their fuel level gauge was designed to read. Ended up taking my best guess and luckily it worked out.

It also appears that another company, Veethree, has merged with teleflex and manufactures and is selling these gauges,

could it get better? :eyecrazy:

LOL! I'm just glad I got what I needed and it all worked. Having gauges that didn't match kinda annoyed me. Hope you get it figured out.

Ok...this is still not right....running right around 180 190, half to 3/4 throttle...at WOT she pegs at 240, then when i back off almost instantly it drops to 200...then down....

also water pressure is 10 at idol and 15 to 20 at WOT.....

Im not getting this...if I was running 240 constantly at WOT wouldnt i have blown this thing up by now??...frustrated....:brickwall:

Back