• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon!

They have a good tow rating of about 7K, but only the V6 from what I noticed? How's it tow?

It towed my Pulsare 2400 great! Jeep has a Gladiator S with a maximum tow package of 7650lbs but that's not available on the Rubicon model which is rated at 7000 lbs. There's also a new Diesel motor for the Gladiator but I don't think they've released any towing data on the diesel yet.

Jealous ! I’ve been eyeing these since the first concept was built ! I’m trying to work out keeping my LJ Rubicon , trade out the family Grand Cherokee for the Gladiator Rubicon ! Ha I haven’t heard any release dates on diesel yet

After driving a full size truck for 5 years, I found the Gladiator Rubicon too small. It was a very cool pickup but has been replaced with a 2020 Ram Rebel. For the same money, there is so much more truck in the Rebel and the interior is spectacular! Getting a 395 HP Hemi just adds to the fun!

Attachments

• E7353EE3-3154-4E2C-9FAB-460641358A8B.jpg
    E7353EE3-3154-4E2C-9FAB-460641358A8B.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 33
  • D2F1EF69-7F2E-4B3A-85C2-3ECBD058A529.jpg
    D2F1EF69-7F2E-4B3A-85C2-3ECBD058A529.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 28
After driving a full size truck for 5 years, I found the Gladiator Rubicon too small. It was a very cool pickup but has been replaced with a 2020 Ram Rebel. For the same money, there is so much more truck in the Rebel and the interior is spectacular! Getting a 395 HP Hemi just adds to the fun!

Congrats! I rode in one of those a few months ago with a site visitor that got one as a fleet rental. Was absolutely gorgeous truck! Ram has really begun to impress me with their trucks the past few years. Unfortunately most of my drive time is stuck in a lumber wagon of a 2015 Furd F-250 (although the tech/design/quality/ride is circa 2001). I love all the new offerings that Ram and GM has, just cant justify cost of owning one for towing the boat 6k miles a year. My personal 2011 duramax does just fine in that department.

I like the Jeep, cool looking

But.......does not compare to the new ride. hemi is the way to go

I replaced my 2008 2500 Duramax with a new 2019 Sierra 1500 elevation(mid level trim package) My Duramax was Deleted/tuned and went like a rocket even with 6000lb trailer on it, had to set cruise or I’d find myself way over the limit everywhere. The new truck is nicer in every way, but the loss of power is heart breaking.

Worst thing is I sold it to a work buddy, so now I have to hear about how stupid fast it is, from time to time.

Back