• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2400 BRX with 300 Pro Verado prop recommendation

dgs

Group,

I've put a downpayment on a new checkmate. Its a 2016 2400 BRX with a 300 Verado Pro. During the sea trial it had a 25 tempest prop and could carry that prop. I'm leaning towards a Bravo 1FS or Trophy+ four blade 24 pitch, for those with the same rig what do you recommend.
For top end....
For general purpose cruising, pulling tubes, etc.....

Thanks
Derek

When I had the 300 Pro on mine I found the Tempest plus 3 blade 23p worked well all around. I think I was able to do 70 with it. You may be able to go to a 24p for top end but with lighter load. I copied one of the threads when I had the 300 Pro. Great motor! Hayabusa on the forum also had the 300 Pro before going with the 400R
http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28253

Chuck,

Very similar paint scheme, minus the tower on ours. The tempest 25 was definitely too tall, a 23 might do the trick. I thought a four blade 24 or 22? May be a good prop as well. I thought Hayabusa was running a bravo1 4 blade 24 before he switched to the 400R.

Derek

I run a Bravo One 24 on my Pulsare 2400 Bowrider. With 8" of setback and a full tank of gas I've GPS'd at 71mph. I have not tried any other props however..

ChuckB or Jupiter,

Were you running the traditional Bravo 1, or one of the outboard specific ones? FS, XC, LT, xyz pdq....

Derek

It was the Bravo 1 FS 24p. The extra blade over the Tempest gave the motor more control over bow lift if needed when more people/kids were in the bow.

Arghhh...

The Bravo 1 FS 24pitch was one of my first guesses, up until Chellems said he saw high slip numbers 18%. Maybe I can convince Kip/Dean to let me try both, then decide.

Derek

Arghhh...

The Bravo 1 FS 24pitch was one of my first guesses, up until Chellems said he saw high slip numbers 18%. Maybe I can convince Kip/Dean to let me try both, then decide.

Derek

I don't want to confuse you but have a ProCharged IO Bravo 1. Your numbers with the OB could be completely different. I contacted Scott R at Mercury Racing direct and he suggested the 32P Bravo 1 FS for my Stiletto. After the poor slip numbers He also contacted our local marina and authorized a full refund minus shipping. Call him he knows his stuff. The FS is a good bow lifting prop but the standard 32P Bravo 1 gave me more top end and less slip.

When I had my 300 Verado the best prop i used for all around running, tubing, skiing & having fun is a 22p Bravo 1 that I sent out to get a little extra cup & re pitch to 23, I would run wide open with 4 on board + gear & beer 67 mph & it would stay on plane as low as 13 mph. For strictly high speed running i would use a 24p labeled Bravo 1 or a 25p Bblades Blaster.

Back