• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

26 Mach 4 blade 1" shaft . $225 shipped

Problem Child

This prop is in great shape and only has tiny abrasions from laying around. Ready to use . $225 shipped. I can text or email pics. Thanks Jeff

I think it would be a bit much for a 7.4 but also know the 242 is a very efficient hull. Do you run a 1.50 bravo ? What have you tried so far. I could send it to you to try but think a 24 would be ideal. I wonder what Merc245 is running on his setup.

It is a 1.5 bravo. I'm sort of thinking ahead as I may be uping the hp at some point to about 500 with top end work and exhaust. I've never tried any prop but the high 5 which is what kunkle put on it new.

Yes 500 hp with a 1.50 would turn it well and could even go a little larger possibly. I run it on my 283 and bought it from the previous owner with my boat and he ran a 675hp whipple 502. It has extreme midrange pull with my 600sc but hitting 5300rpm a little easier than I prefer. I usually have a few props with me whenever I head to the lake . Always playing with the setup lol. I'm building a -2 shorty even though I have been told it prob won't workout. I never did listen well haha.

Yes 500 hp with a 1.50 would turn it well and could even go a little larger possibly. I run it on my 283 and bought it from the previous owner with my boat and he ran a 675hp whipple 502. It has extreme midrange pull with my 600sc but hitting 5300rpm a little easier than I prefer. I usually have a few props with me whenever I head to the lake . Always playing with the setup lol. I'm building a -2 shorty even though I have been told it prob won't workout. I never did listen well haha.

If you decide to hold onto this prop, I know a guy with a LS powered 253 that might want to give it a whirl....

With my 24 ZT 385 mag with a set of MCI'S, I'm turning a 3 blade Mirage Plus 25p right to 4600ish + rpm's at 72 mph with never less 1/2 tank. I think the blades have cup added.

Jeff, I seen your ad right after it was posted, made me thing for a moment. but I thought it might be a little much for me.
Lets run that's freighters coarse thru Harsens Island, Lake St.Clair and Down the River some! :cheers:

I would love to do that run. Though I'm only an hour north, I've never run any of that water . Nothing more than a couple trips to Boblo island in the early to mid 1970s. When life was simple haha. :cheers:

Yes that's what I remember Jeff. Them ferry boats had one heck of a dance party on one of the levels , funny. Thought I was in Africa hehe. I've built many large commercial buildings on the river all up and down Jefferson . Also several years remodeling the Ren Center while working in the carpenters union. Good times !!

Back