• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

45* and haulin' frozen A$$

hotbeek

I just can't find it in me to put the boat away. I went out this morning to do a few more runs. It was 45* and a nice 10-15 mph wind. My son and I are decked out in our winter coats and hats.(LOL) I get the engine up to temp and make a fast pass ...............83.2 mph(GPS) WOW !!! I'm buzzing. I tell my son to hold on we're going to make another run. 2nd fast pass .................83.4 mph(GPS) I have a grin frozen to my face !!!:D I could not better this pass. I still have a few tricks to install. They should be here next week hopefully. I'd like to see 85mph before winterizing. :bigthumb:

P.S. I hope bluehealer sees this. This may expedite his 300x install !! I call him from the water with updates just to rub it in !:)

The cooler it gets the better this thing runs ! I hope for a few more weeks of cool weather before the freeze sets in.:(

This is my best speed so far. I always had the feeling I was running rich and I think this proves it. I'm going to try to shoot a video from my seat looking out. I hope to catch the GPS and tach. I'm going to have my hands full. I could really use a foot throttle now !

For those of you wondering what I'm running ?!

Here's a breakdown so far:

2000 Pulsare 2100 BR
2000 225 EFI 3.0L with 15 1/2" setback @ 1 1/2" below pad
Simon Motorsports heads
Simon Lightened flywheel
Rapair recurved ECU's limiter pushed out to 6800-7000
Simon poppet water diverter
Mad EFI intake
Boyesen Power Reeds
Exhaust can cut 5"
spinning a feshly labbed Trophy Plus 26 @6400 rpms or is my 6k tach pinned there ?!

I'm going to add a timing advance bracket and a remote fuel knob to help me dial in(rich or lean) my fuel ECU problems. I may run out of season before I get fully dialed. Oh ! well we'll leave something for next year.:bigthumb:

Here's a few pics of current setup.

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 17
Yeah,

I felt the rub and don't think for a moment that paybacks won't be a bitch,and don't you have anything better to do with your time liiiiiiiiiiike,WORK!!!!!!!

Wow, great run!! How did it handle at those speeds??;)

Chinewalk has almost been eliminated. I find if I trim up slowly to just past 1/2 trim it drives perfect ! If I trim too fast or over trim then I get some walk. Mostly it's a smooth straight ride ! Don't even need steering inputs unless I need to turn.:bigthumb:

I felt the rub and don't think for a moment that paybacks won't be a bitch,and don't you have anything better to do with your time liiiiiiiiiiike,WORK!!!!!!!

I have tomorrow off ! If the rain holds off maybe I'll make you a boating video so you don't forget what boating is !! I work so hard in 4 days they give me the 5th day off !! How many days are you working ? 5 , 6 ?

P.S. I have next Friday off too !!!:banana:

my buddy has an 05 pulsar with the 250 3.0L on it. he has simon go through his as well. he hit 85.6 this season with a 27 on it. he gets up faster than me now damn it.

my buddy has an 05 pulsar with the 250 3.0L on it. he has simon go through his as well. he hit 85.6 this season with a 27 on it. he gets up faster than me now damn it.

That's good to hear ! I'm looking for a 27 Trophy Plus. I think that may be just the right pitch. Does he have a good holeshot with the 27 ? I'm assuming it's a 4 blade prop ? 85 is my target number too !

I thought I was going to be able to post a new video clip today. I realized I can't drive the boat with knees, throttle and video tape at the same time. I was able to get a small video shot but I couldn't steer the boat well. I will work on some kind of set up. I may make some kind of clamp I can clamp onto my windshield and screw into the bottom side of the camera.

Although the conditions were not ideal. It was very calm and drizzling. I did manage to pop off 2 identical 83.0 mph(gps) runs.

Stay tuned .............I will get something hooked up !!!:confused:

OK ! I fabbed up a mount for my video camera ! I think it should work ?! I set it up to view my gps unit. I'm sure I can bend to see any angle.

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
last one. Video camera has a stablizer built in so any movement should be stabilized ?! We'll see.:confused:

Attachments

• DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 8
Back