• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

73 MX-16 resto/mod, 1 broke high school teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring is in the air so I dragged the MX-16 out. Here are a couple pics of a quick slip on cover I made for it. This is Kimberly Clark Evolution fabric. I bought a bunch of it 20 years ago. I had just enough for this project. It's an all weather breathable fabric used a lot for car covers. It's light and soft, washable and repels water. I made this in the motor down position planning to use it at home to keep it clean and also for those times when it's parked and I don't want to deal with the heavier over the road cover. I'll make that cover next. I also took a shot of my new Action Marine ID tag. Thanks Sammie for the sticker and all of your support. I can't say how long it will stay there though, The old glue doesn't seem to have a lot of holding power. :(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You are Welcome

You are welcome my friend. Your MX-16 Checkmate looks great as always. If you need another Action Marine sticker someday let me know. Have a great weekend. Your friend Always Sammie from Action Marine

Mark that MX looks better everytime I see it.

Also great to see appropriate transom tie-downs :)

How are you keeping the tie-downs from causing rub damage to that perfect hull?

Mark you did a beautiful job on your Checkmate . Its so nice to see another Vintage Checkmate restored . Love that you have a Action Marine sticker on her too . Those make your boat faster too ...

I'm embarrassed to say that 2 days ago i got my MX-16 in the water for the first time this year. We have been 4 working people with 3 working cars since May. This past weekend we finally broke down and bought a 2012 Town and Country for my wife so the old van is now mine to drive. In the mean time I made an over the road cover using Tenara lifetime thread and a soft side polyester stitched to the back side of Sunbrella wherever it might move against the finish. I also put in 2 poles to prevent pocketing in front of the back seats and strap brackets on the trailer. $300 in materials and 3 days of work. I need to order a few more yards to make the engine, spare tire cover and a storage bag.
With 7 1/2 hours on the motor she will cruise all day at 3000rpms but if I throw the throttle down it is still starving for fuel. I still think the tank is not venting properly. I have modified an old cap that I will try soon. I may have to vent it to the deck. Here are some pics, one is my daughter yesterday as we celebrated her 20th birthday.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Day'em Mark, your talent and attention to detail is inspiring to say the least.
Hope you get the engine on my favorite MX running the high rpms soon.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back