• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

'89 28ft Maxxum w/2-2.5 EFI Merc Racing OS

I finally stepped out of my SHARKEY BULLET 130 and into a sweet 28' Checkmate. Very happy with the quality of this boat. They build a real fine ride....
checkmate1.jpg.w300h210

WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM
Photos, Links & Info for All Hi-Performance Boats

Hey Sharkey, welcome!

1995 Pulsare 2100BR/1995 Mercury Promax 225 2.5 EFI/ 1.87:1 Torquemaster/ RapidJack Heavy-Duty manual 10.5" setback/ 23" Tempest worked for ski duty

Welcome Sharky! I love to see the East Coasters! I was born and raised in Philly and spent my summers on the Jersey shore around Cape May and Wild Wood! Great looking Mate!
thumb.gif

ZT 240 6.2litre/Bravo 1 320 H.P

Thanks Bill!
My first day out with the Checkmate after I bought it was with a Poker Run from Toms River to Atlantic City for an over night stay at Trumps Marina. Took the Ocean all the way down and when the seas got kickin' the next day we all took the Intercoastal on the way back. The boat ran flawlessly. Skipped across 4 to 5 footers on the way down with no problem. What a big difference from doing that in my 13 footer!
icon_biggrin.gif

I am now getting it ready to do again at the end of this month. I am upgrading the prop shafts to the latest style. The originals were eating up prop washers like crazy. The old ones were pitted when I got it. So with that, I saw a need for the change. Better to do them now before I lost an entire case and prop...
icon_eek.gif

WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM
Photos, Links & Info for All Hi-Performance Boats

Hi Sharkey,
What kind of speed did you end up getting with your Cmate 28' OB? Are the Mercs 280 OS? You have a beatiful boat.

SCT

Back