• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Another job done!!! splashwell rigging

john lamon

After reading YF's thread on what to do in the splash well, I finally decided to fix mine, I like the look of what Matt did better but because my engine is already all hooked up and the holes are in the side I went this way.

I found a zippered rigging sleeve from TH marine for one side and used flex loom on the other side, I don't like the way the loom looks so I ordered the longer rigging sleeve for the other side.

After taking a pic of it I noticed how crappy the transom plate looked with the paint falling off so I striped the rest of it and added a TH marine transom support.

I think I'm finally done, but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be out there doing something else.

Attachments

• 09 pics 124.jpg
    09 pics 124.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 09 pics 157.jpg
    09 pics 157.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 09 pics 163.jpg
    09 pics 163.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 98
Nice Work, That plate really cleans it up!,
I am thinking of drilling some 2" holes in the frt of the slash well on my pulse and getting a rigging hose kit and running everything but the steering cables through them.
I personaly like the look of the hose kit. Some people say it looks like the arms from the robot on "lost in space" but I think it adds more of a sport boat look.

Last edited:
Nice Work, That plate really cleans it up!,
I am thinking of drilling some 2" holes in the frt of the slash well on my pulse and getting a rigging hose kit and running everything but the steering cables through them.
I personaly like the look of the hose kit. Some people say it looks like the arms from the robot on "lost in space" but I think it adds more of a sport boat look.

Thanks, I also like the way the hose kit looks better but didn't want to unhook everything and cut holes, I'm planing on removeing the line-x next winter and painting the top so I'm gonna patch the old holes and do the hose kit then.

How do you like the hydrolic steering? Does it take most of the torque steer out of the wheel? Also do you have a torque tab on the skeg? I have some wicked pull and I need to do some thing to reduce it.

How do you like the hydrolic steering? Does it take most of the torque steer out of the wheel? Also do you have a torque tab on the skeg? I have some wicked pull and I need to do some thing to reduce it.

I must have somehow missed this post, hydraulic steering is great, I also have a torque tab, hydraulic does take all the steering torque out but even with the hydraulic steering you can still turn easier to the right than the left, the torque tab evens it out and in my opinion is a must have item, it would help your steering torque alot, and there only 20 bucks. mine aint too pretty but it works, I used rivets instead of the screws it came with.
http://thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=40

Attachments

• 09 pics 073.jpg
    09 pics 073.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 25
The longer rigging sleeve for the other side finally came this week.
It sure is nice out today, water is running down the street and I'm getting the itch to go for a ride.

Attachments

• 09 pics 224.jpg
    09 pics 224.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 58
Back