• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Anyone interested in answering questions about an I/B Exciter

Yes Sir, I've been seeing this one for awhile. There's no doubt that it is a very nice unit. But if I'm going to raise my budget to that price range it opens a lot of other options up. I could get a pretty nice Donzi sweet 16 for around that price range. I've never seen one in person though and it's hard to judge how small one of those actually are by looking at pictures.

I just spotted this thread and thought I would add my 2 cents worth. I had a 1991 Exciter GT. I believe the 'GT' was the I/O version. If I remember correctly, it was 20'(+/- an inch or two), it had a 350 Magnum (260 hp) with 4" thru hull exhaust. It would run 60-63 mph depending on conditions/load. I believe weight was in the 2500# range as it was on a single axle trailer that I pulled with a small truck. I actually had the opportunity to buy it back from the guy I sold it to but missed out by a day. If I can find any pics of it I'll put them up. By the way, I have never seen another. Hope this in some way helps!

Back