• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

apps for reading this forum on a smartphone

knarloid

Has this forum got any iphone apps which it can be read on?
For example ForumRunner (I couldn't find it in their list of available forums).

Currently if I'm away from my laptop I have to use a browser on the ophone to log in and catch up, but with a forum specific app, it would make this much easier.

I've looked at some of those apps, we would most likely have to change the layout of the forum to get them to work.

It's something we'll no doubt do somewhere in the future when vBulletin finally comes out with a more stable and usable version of vB4.

Did you guys have to pay for either of those?

I haven't looked lately, but when I did look, some apps were paid for by the users, some by the forum owners and some were paid by both.

-Chris

Picked up a Iphone last night as was wondering about this. Anybody find a good one for the Iphone?

I've been using Dolphin browser on my phone, just a regular web browser but it works well with the board.

I can surf the site on my BlackBerry Torch and it works decently well.

I just end up with a small looking version.

Back a month or so ago, I did mess around and experiment with a light weight skin over on EB, but I could never really get it to work properly, so I just scrapped it.

-Chris

I've looked at some of those apps, we would most likely have to change the layout of the forum to get them to work.

It's something we'll no doubt do somewhere in the future when vBulletin finally comes out with a more stable and usable version of vB4.

Did you guys have to pay for either of those?

I haven't looked lately, but when I did look, some apps were paid for by the users, some by the forum owners and some were paid by both.

-Chris

Chris,
I have IPB and Forumrunner. Up to a few months ago IPB handled this forum very well. I need to check out if my settings are wrong, but its probably more likely that vBulletin have adjusted something to prevent more of their sites from working on IPB.
UPDATE: it turns out the API is not found - the url now seems to be checked if its an IPBoard install - which of course it isn't....

I paid for Forumrunner unfortunately.

I'm using Safari on iphone for this post. Its fine, but the constant pinch and zoom or scroll gets frustrating after the third beer! :)

Last edited:
Back