• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Balancing beads...

ive used something close called equial with a lot of success the trucking industry has used it for ever and ive used it almost 10 years for street/mud trucks running 33" or larger tires. its abt 10.00 a bag and 1/2 bad does tires up to 35" for trailer tires id use 1/4 bag per tire. works grate for me and I never have to rebalance a tire. youll find it locally in any tire shop that does big trucks. don't waist money on shipping fancy stuff. equial will do the job 100%

I think they take some time to balance out. For instance they might not be good for stop and go type driving as most balance issues show up at 45 mph. If the beads need some time in that area to work doesn't sound like fun to have to go through that every time you stop. I don't know for sure, maybe they balance out at 10 mph then it would be a not issue. I would imagine they are fine for long haul situations. They most likely came about as a necessity for the trucking industry for lack of equipment size. The tires are all changed by hand and then not balanced by machine because most places don't have machines for either. I just had new 19.5 tires put on my f550, I called 3 places to have them installed all would have to chance by hand and one of the places could machine balance and the other 2 were going to use the beads.

I honestly have no idea how they work but I could run 65mph in a jeep with 37in tall mud tires all year smooth as glass. they work don't know how but they do move around in the tire as needed.

I must have these in my little fishing boat tires. It sounds like some plastic BB's bouncing around in there. I had no clue what they were.

For small tires like these, why not just balance normally with a clip on weight? Or even a stick on ?

Back