• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

best prop for enforcer

jdf

i became a checkmate owner this yr got a 88 24 enforcer with ard 365 hp basically stock set up....it spins ard 51-5200 rpm with a 23 pitch merc prop ..just wonder what the other owners r running ,,

Welcome!

I own a 219 Persuarder with the 7.4L/Bravo1. It's also running a 23p SS at about the same rpm range. Phone GPS clocked it at 62 mph with some trim tab issues. I think I should be able to squeeze 65 out of it (with the same prop) with light fuel/load and trim issues resolved. I may do some experimenting next summer with different pitches and designs.

yea it top out ard 60 ..between my bro law we will have props coverd he has a few too play with

My Enforcer is a completely different animal being and outboard but I know it ran best with a Mercury Mirage Plus (I was running a 25" to mid upper 60's with the outboard) and I have heard others with very good results with them on this style boat.

mirage + probably will be the fastest out of the box prop, but a bravo 1 4 blade may be a better all around prop, at least thats what I have seen with convincors

You may want to look into a Mirage they will turn 250-300 more RPMs then the Mirage Plus.
Ran a 24P Bravo 1 on a 23' Stilletto at 66.6 MPH GPS 5,200 RPM
Ran 25P Mirage and recorded 69.9 no changes 5100 RPM

ok cool ..wife got me a mwc ballstic 23 pitch for xmas ,,bro n law has bravo 1 4 blade ..24 pitch and a three blade 25 ...so i got a few to play with for now thanks for the feed back

What kind of RPM's did you run with your 23p @60mph.

I've got at 24' enforcer with the factory 330hp 454, I run at 25p mirage usually, and I can only squeeze out 61mph on GPS.

I have tried (a borrowed) 24p 4 blade and was able to get 63mph, but was turning around 5,000rpm.

I even added 'Stainless Marine' manifolds and Edelbrock Air Gap and got 0 gain, but I bought them with the intent of future plans.

I've got a 23 ft 1992 enforcer with a slightly tweaked (bore and camshaft)
rebuilt 454 mag. My favorite screw so far, and I've tried most of what you mention, is a 24p 4 blade bravo. Best holeshot, top speed and handling. I don't recall the exact #'s but I think it was right around 70 mph gps at 51-5200 rpm. I don't think these guys are supposed to be run over 5000 rpm.
More importantly the handling and holeshot with this blade is really confident.
When I ran it on a laser 3 blade it was like trying to lasso a herd of cats.
The engine rebuilder commented on how he was afraid to go over 50. I felt the same way.
I've always far preferred 4 blades.
Made a world of difference on the predictor and starliner as well.

What kind of RPM's did you run with your 23p @60mph.

I've got at 24' enforcer with the factory 330hp 454, I run at 25p mirage usually, and I can only squeeze out 61mph on GPS.

I have tried (a borrowed) 24p 4 blade and was able to get 63mph, but was turning around 5,000rpm.

I even added 'Stainless Marine' manifolds and Edelbrock Air Gap and got 0 gain, but I bought them with the intent of future plans.
ard 51-5200 if tach is correct ,,,..and yes i have a build 496 that i have bought the same stuff u did ....im detuning this engine its set up to turn 7 k ,,its coming out of one of our jet boats

I run the mirage prop also, I get about 62mph with the gps speedo. I would like to get a few more mph also.

i have the Enforcer 88 gtx also. same engine

Back