• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bow Rails

Hack

Anyone know of a good shop that can fabricate custom bow rails in stainless steel? Looking to add some to my recent purchase, which the factory didn't offer due to the trolling motor.

Aqueous recreational equipment in Harrison Twp. right off 94 and north river rd. They did most of stainless work for checkmate in the 70s - 80s or longer. The kid took over dads business. Be prepared for sticker shock, the sign in the shop reads Shop rate is a $100 an hour with the 100 penciled in.
Last yr I proved to be to much man for my drivers side bolster and it began to fail, This spring I ran the base over to them, they did a good job repairing a tear in one leg and manufacturing two gussets and welding them under the seat mounts. I figured 200 to 300 and of course it came at 300, again good work at an exorbitant price. Plus the old man loves to talk about the good old days of checkmate!

Last edited:
I'll give them a call before summer is over. No rush on this job, and I'd really don't want to see $1000 disappear right now....

There's got to be a few other places, but my Google search isn't showing anything in the tri-county area.

Back