• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bravo-1 or Hydromotive prop?

On my procharged 253 the bravo 1 worked better, but the hydro we tried was a LH and boat did not like it...

I've run both on my 253 and it liked the Bravo 1 a little bit better. I think the hydromotive's are a little bit closer to being "true" when it comes to pitch. My boat turned the Bravo to a couple hundred higher rpm than the same pitch Quad-IV, however the speeds were almost the same. Even with the same speed, the Bravo handled a ton better all around.

I've run both on my 253 and it liked the Bravo 1 a little bit better. I think the hydromotive's are a little bit closer to being "true" when it comes to pitch. My boat turned the Bravo to a couple hundred higher rpm than the same pitch Quad-IV, however the speeds were almost the same. Even with the same speed, the Bravo handled a ton better all around.

I presently can turn mirage+ 25P over 5K according to the tach. Should I go with the Bravo-1 26 or 24p? That was on a 55*F day with 3 onboard early October.

I presently can turn mirage+ 25P over 5K according to the tach. Should I go with the Bravo-1 26 or 24p? That was on a 55*F day with 3 onboard early October.

My guess would be a 26, but I’m far from a prop expert. Your best bet is finding someone that has props you could try.

I'm going to guess you have a 1.5:1 ratio drive.
and I'm also going to guess your top speed is somewhere 67-70?
I would find out drive ratio for sure, check the tach and get a true GPS speed.
Then you can figure out which pitch.
If you are turning a 25 3 blade pretty easily, then a 26 pitch bravo 1 should be a decent prop for top end, depending on how you currently plane with your 25.
I am kind of surprised that you can turn a 25 that well.
Looking at the prop slip numbers, a 25 at 5100 rpm should be right around 70 with 13-14 percent slip factor.
That's pretty darn good for a stock 496.
Which kind of makes me wonder if you have a 1.65 drive ratio, which I have heard of some convincors having.
At 1.65 ratio, you should be seeing somewhere between 63-65 at 5100.
If that is the case, you definitely want to go with a 26.

I have had only bravo 4 blades on mine, I had a 24, and now a 28.
Most people have tried other styles of props, and most people say bravo is the best overall on this hull.
I hope I was helpful.

fast94persuader, When I first ran it there was the Mirage+23 and the tach was over 5K just like with the mirage+25p(see photo). Yes, has 1.5gears. My smartphone GPS showed 63-64 w/23P. Just need to wait until spring for better data. When I checked the tach accuracy with rinda diagnosis software it was about 100RPM HAPPY. My guess speedo is around 5MPH HAPPY. Both props were stock-not lab.

Attachments

• speedo-sm.jpg
    speedo-sm.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
Back