• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Broke my truck

keith4216

Wife drove to work and barely pulled in with the motor trying hard to stay running. i went and checked it out and the motor would not idle very well without some gas pedal help. the motor was shaking and a very noticable clacking inside. I knew something was broke and could hardly wait to get it pulled apart and see the bill. Well looks like broken valve spring was in there dancing. Seems this is not uncommon for the 6.2 vortect but of course it happens right after warrenty expires. Hope to have it back to pull the boat this weekend.

That really sucks. I've never heard those are prone to breakage. Shouldn't be a terrible fix though as long as nothing scattered or the valve met mr. piston

Sounds like a bargain Mr Lucky lol. Must not of been at a dealership. I remember paying $750 for an alternator swap that required the bodyshop to pull some inner wheel well panels to get to it 600 miles past warranty.

Back