• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate-Boats.com 6th Year Anniversary!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

Today, September 17, 2008 marks the forums 6th year anniversary.

On this day back in 2002, (seems like a long time ago now) we officially started up operations. We actually started up on an old EZboard message board and a few months later, we moved to our own server and our current domain Checkmate-Boats.com, and also switched to new message board software.

For any of you who haven't, but would like to read a little bio on the history of the forums, you can get the background on the forums by reading the little story I posted in the wiki or you can also click here!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed to the forums over the past six years, those contributions have made the forums into what they are today. So without each and all of you, we wouldn't have the vibrant community and Checkmate resource that we now have collectively built today.

So I'd like to send out a few thank you's to Gus & JW, Coop, Kip, Alan & the rest of the factory people thanks guys! But most importantly, I'd especially like to thank all of our rank and file members, from some of our very first founding members like SCT, right down to our newest member and everyone else in-between. Also, I'd like to send out a special thanks to all of our supporting members and supporting vendors from over the years, we couldn't have "done it" nor could we continue on without all of your very kind and important financial support and contributions. :thumb:

Thanks for a great six years gang, and I look forward to many more down the line! :cheers:

-Chris

Stats as of September 17, 2008
Members - 5,965
Posts - 110,522
Threads - 12,281

Last edited:
6th ANNIVERSARY

CONGRATS CHRIS THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THRU THE YEARS. IVE' STRAYED FROM THE PACK, BUT TRYING TO GET BACK. (BOUGHT A25' BAJA SPORT) LOOKING FOR A ENFORCER OUTBOARD . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PAUL.

On this site with the help of experienced and devoted checkmate fanatics,i built my dream boat!!!
Thanks to all and to you Chris!!! :cheers :

:rof:Hey Chris I haven't been on here for very long but I've sure found a bunch of
FRIENDS Hope there are alot more years to come. THANKS:banana:

Congrats on another year and many to come. This is one great site that has many great members with great help and ideas in their heads.

We became a Checkmate dealer in 1969,first boat in was an Apricot metalflake MX-14 that I used as my personal boat with a 125 Merc.Thru the 70's we were always one of the top volume dealers. Bill Combs taught me a lot about the boat business and helped us be successful.Drifted away from Checkmate in the early 80's,,got involved again in the early 90's due to my trust and respect for Bill.It did not work out,we only bought a few boats,and drifted away again.I wish Doug Smith lots of luck and hope he can return Checkmate to its former glory.If I could go back in time 30 years I would love to be a Checkmate dealer again.Who knows? Stranger things have happened.Congrats on 6 years.Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine,Jasper,AL.

Big ups to everyone!!

Over the past few years I have found the advice, expertise and overall "good people experience" of everyone on the board to be outstanding! My personal thanks to everyone. The people here have been kind, helpful and a pleasure to be associated with. Rock on everyone!!!! Tom

By the way-Thanks Chris for everything!!

Last edited:
We became a Checkmate dealer in 1969,first boat in was an Apricot metalflake MX-14 that I used as my personal boat with a 125 Merc.Thru the 70's we were always one of the top volume dealers. Bill Combs taught me a lot about the boat business and helped us be successful.Drifted away from Checkmate in the early 80's,,got involved again in the early 90's due to my trust and respect for Bill.It did not work out,we only bought a few boats,and drifted away again.I wish Doug Smith lots of luck and hope he can return Checkmate to its former glory.If I could go back in time 30 years I would love to be a Checkmate dealer again.Who knows? Stranger things have happened.Congrats on 6 years.Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine,Jasper,AL.
Robert, thanks for sharing your story. Do you have any old pictures from back in the day that you can share? If you do, let me know and I'll work with you to get them up in our gallery.

-Chris

CONGRATS CHRIS THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THRU THE YEARS. IVE' STRAYED FROM THE PACK, BUT TRYING TO GET BACK. (BOUGHT A25' BAJA SPORT) LOOKING FOR A ENFORCER OUTBOARD . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PAUL.
Paul, we've also got Endless Boating you can use and visit as well. Originally when we set it up, we did so for all of our displaced Checkmate owners. So feel free to pop in there and share some pics of your Baja. We'd love to see them. Either way, don't be a stranger because you're "Checkless" at the moment. ;) :)

-Chris

6 years already. That means its been 5 years since my boat has been wet. :brickwall:
Hard to believe eh Gus? - 6 years!

I remember when we had just a few members, you and JW and myself being three of the very first.

Now when we throw a Birthday bash we can invite 6,000 of our closest friends. :eyecrazy: :cheers

Hard to believe, but we couldn't have done it with out-cha buddy. :thumb:

Hopefully we'll see that Trimate gracing the front page again before long. :)

-Chris

Congrats on the 6 years!!!

I became a Checkmate owner last year. When I was shopping around for different boats, I spoke to boat owners, boat shops, researched about boats in magazines and on the internet.

When I came across the Checkmate boats I was impressed. One thing that was in my top 5 reasons for buying a Checkmate was this web site and the following that the members have for their Checkmates.

You add significant value to our boating experience!!! Thanks!!!

Great job!!!

Keep up the great contributions!!!

Rob

Thanks Rob, that's really, really kind of you to say.

I'm glad our site made a difference. That means a lot. :)

-Chris

ok I know I have said this before but to add to this thread I will repeat. I found a checkmate for sale and did not know a thing about it. I seached for the name checkmate on yahoo and this site appeared before the manufacter site. After ready some threads and seeing how big the support was on the site I deceided to buy it. Well 2 years later I drove it once blew it up. But the site saved me by connecting me with Kary who is in the final stages of my over haul. Hope to have many good summers. Thanks Chris!!!:bigthumb:

Back