• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

checkmate rally 2011

Nice Pix !!! It looks like it was worth climbing the mountain. Thanks for that great pix of me running, might be a BOTM nomination :drool:!!! When you guys hittin LC again ? We will have to meet up :surf:! By the way who is that passed out in your boat ?

Maybe next year we can organize a little more run time for everyone attending so more pix & vids can be taken. It may also spur more intrest from the factory.

What would be great for next year is organize something like a scavenger hunt where you not only get the owners involved, but the boats get ran, the local marina's and camp grounds get noticed for being check points, and if you really want a good outcome, you put a small fee in place to participate with a portion going to cover hunt prizes and all over money going to the winners favorite charity. Where I live, the biker clubs do it all the time. They donate to toy's for tot's most of the time. Good clean fun and for a good cause! I would be willing to bet that the factory would get involved in some way. This gathering is allready growing in numbers. It could turn into a huge event. Just my $.02!:poke:

Whats up with the pwc and boat fire? And the boat sinking? Are those oxygen/acetylene tanks on that close boat? What the H!!! Looks like fun otherwise!

Whats up with the pwc and boat fire? And the boat sinking? Are those oxygen/acetylene tanks on that close boat? What the H!!! Looks like fun otherwise!
Was a garbage barge. From what I read, it ran out of fuel. While switching the tanks, one was dropped on the battery. This caused the barge to go up in flames. From there, it scorched the side of one houseboat and caught the PWC on fire before they could drag it away from the docks. Sounds like only minor injury happened to one of the dock workers and he is expected a full recovery

HOWEVER, I have discovered some amazing evidence and the fact he was unaccounted for backs this up!! I have found what looks like Big Red in this pic and with zooming in what I found was startling!!

looks like every one had a good time! maybe not for the boat that sank, or the fires

Back